Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Will be a much better for him to experience playoff level hockey instead of playing in the World Championships. WC are normally a great experience don't get me wrong but many rosters are not even that strong this year .
Flames aren’t in playoffs, and the matches between Calgary and Vancouver have looked brutal over the last 2 games. None of the players look like they want to be there. He would absolutely have better experience playing 7-8 matches with 2nd line C ice time at WC than 9 minutes a game (for 2-3 games) on the flames 4th line with Ritchie.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Flames aren’t in playoffs, and the matches between Calgary and Vancouver have looked brutal over the last 2 games. None of the players look like they want to be there. He would absolutely have better experience playing 7-8 matches with 2nd line C ice time at WC than 9 minutes a game (for 2-3 games) on the flames 4th line with Ritchie.

Regardless he will have many years to represent Slovakia. He needs to show the Flames staff what he can do whenever he's on the ice, and that he can play well in a bottom 6 role as well

Reactions: Antiillafire

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
It would have been nice if he could have gotten both a few NHL games and the WC like Studenic, but if the choice is between NHL games and WC for a player in his position, NHL has to take priority. Especially since I'm not sure he would have been a difference maker for Slovakia in terms of him being the one thing that separates the team from a QF spot.

Reactions: hellwar9 and kudla

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
It will obviously be good for him to get these NHL minutes. But I’d say it would be even better if he came over to the national team after season but alas.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why on earth is Kristian Kovacik playing in swedish division 3? Its the fifth league (shl, allsvenskan, div1, div2, div3).

Reactions: kudla

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Potentially, Slovakia might have 9 players picked in next draft. That would be the highest since 2004. Great to see the quanity of prospects as well.

Jakub97

Jun 5, 2023
With upcoming NHL Draft 2023 we have bunch of boys from Slovakia on its way to be drafted.

What are the odds?

My predictions:

Dvorský - top 15 lock
Honzek - 1. round lock

This would mean our small country may have 5 picks in first round in 2 years. That did not happen for long long time. If ever.

Gajan, Štrbák, Čiernik - those boys will be somewhere in between 2. and 3. round.

Pekarčík, Misiak - likely in top 100 (Pekarčík was top 3 forward in our U18 squad this year).

Urban - 5-7. round - hopefully this boy will be not overlooked although draft isn't certain for him. Yet I believe he will be picked.

Molnár seems to be a bit risky pick regarding his bitter reputation. Still think somebody will take him in 6-7. round.

And then we have a group of guys who have some chance to be taken:

Dej, Kukumberg, Cedzo, Jencko, Jedlicka (overager). I bet 1-2 guys from this group will be taken as a late late pick. Surely they are under radar.

Overall 7 PLAYERS look like they will get through the draft (almost 100 percent sure) which is amazing for our small country yet I believe we will be attacking double digits.

Future looks promising.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
With upcoming NHL Draft 2023 we have bunch of boys from Slovakia on its way to be drafted.

What are the odds?

My predictions:

Dvorský - top 15 lock
Honzek - 1. round lock

This would mean our small country may have 5 picks in first round in 2 years. That did not happen for long long time. If ever.

Gajan, Štrbák, Čiernik - those boys will be somewhere in between 2. and 3. round.

Pekarčík, Misiak - likely in top 100 (Pekarčík was top 3 forward in our U18 squad this year).

Urban - 5-7. round - hopefully this boy will be not overlooked although draft isn't certain for him. Yet I believe he will be picked.

Molnár seems to be a bit risky pick regarding his bitter reputation. Still think somebody will take him in 6-7. round.

And then we have a group of guys who have some chance to be taken:

Dej, Kukumberg, Cedzo, Jencko, Jedlicka (overager). I bet 1-2 guys from this group will be taken as a late late pick. Surely they are under radar.

Overall 7 PLAYERS look like they will get through the draft (almost 100 percent sure) which is amazing for our small country yet I believe we will be attacking double digits.

Future looks promising.
Im optimistic, maybe overhyped - 10.

Btw. this thread started in year 2011. Nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad