Post-Game Talk: Slip Sliding Away Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He was off from the puck drop. Not sure what the issue is, but they probably should run with Riddich until Helly is ready.
The only way to get Hellebuyck on is to play him out of the funk, unless it's an injury. Getting on the road considering he has a newborn might actually help him get focused again.

Either way, without Hellebuyck playing like he can, we're doomed. Rittich isn't the answer.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
But I thought faceoffs were so important… :huh:

Faceoffs are just a fancy board battle. How many late faceoffs did our centers win late against SJ but the winger or dman couldn’t get the puck?
just a bit more color on this

the Jets are 20W 12Ls when they're under 50% on the draws. 16W 17Ls when 50%+.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Wheeler interviewed today: "We can't be pointing fingers at each other. We have to stick together."
LOL! I''m guessing he hears the media and others criticizing his piss poor play.
Would be nice to say "everyone has to be on top of their game."
"

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Wheeler interviewed today: "We can't be pointing fingers at each other. We have to stick together."
LOL! I''m guessing he hears the media and others criticizing his piss poor play.
"

I can’t imagine a fan of the team would want the locker room to turn on each other.

None

Feb 22, 2012
"

I imagine he's probably referring to his teammates, not media pointing fingers or fans. The words don't really come across very well from a fan perspective given that Wheeler was directly responsible for a loss with his empty net attempt though, but again I doubt it was aimed at fans.

Maybe I'm just missing additional context but I'm not sure I really like that he even said that. Opens up the door for more speculation about the locker room's cohesiveness.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'm thinking whatever happened last year is in the process of happening now and maybe Wheels don't want to see that again. Eventho he's likely a big reason why. The lockerroom prob get along but the problem is the leaders are SAWFT.... as dog shit on a plus 35 day. They require sports physiologist to come in but I think at this point, most are what they are

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I imagine he's probably referring to his teammates, not media pointing fingers or fans. The words don't really come across very well from a fan perspective given that Wheeler was directly responsible for a loss with his empty net attempt though, but again I doubt it was aimed at fans.
This is true. He iced the puck, then lost the ensuing faceoff and then gave up the tying goal. Then he also gave up the GWG in OT.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Can`t get the puck to Connor through Morrissey ALL the time. Scheifele has to create some pressure on the other side, with the help of Wheeler and even Nino - and then one of Scheifele or Wheeler have to be able to get the puck over to Connor quickly for the kill shot. This way the goalie is moving across his crease and is much more vulnerable.

Think of the Capitals PP but simply reversed with Ovi situated on the left for the kill shot. All the set up work occurs on the right side through Backstrom, leaving Carlson at the blueline as a secondary threat.

Problem is we again have Scheifele/Wheeler either simply playing catch with one another far back near the walls, or, holding the puck much too long and wishfully trying to create passing lanes by way of wasted stickwork. No pressure created.
It comes down to an issue of speed or urgency. The pp lacks both plus the coach just said in practice they 'snap' it around unlike in games. Losing faceoffs also kills momentum on the pp. They lose at least 30 seconds per pp because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad