Value of: Slava Voynov’s rights

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
that's some bull**** dude

speeding is a bad decision, street racing is a bad decision, driving drunk is a bad decision, doing all that at the same time is a hell of a lot more than a bad decision, it's about 20 rolled up into one. that's like saying cheating on your wife is a bad decision.. nah you made a lot of bad decisions to even make it an option. i don't defend what slava did but the ****in rhetoric is exhausting.

no no you see what DH did only killed a MAN

the other monster beat up a woman

see today it's beat up woman>>>>>>>>>kill a man.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
crazy how the dany heatley argument is ignored by these people

he killed a guy and effectively walked right back into his career
its not ignored it was 15-20 years ago, when laws for things like domestic abuse laws basically werent enforced as they are now. its because things were poorly adjudicated in the past that this is handled differently now.

so youre wrong Heatley is considered.... the Law is a living breathing thing and it changes over time

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Absolutely disgusting the lengths gone to shrug off a woman beating thug. One was an accident of youth. The other the conscience decision by a piece of ****.

absolutely disgusting how someone will call a conscious decision to drink and drive, endangering the lives of everyone on the road with them, an "accident of youth".

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Absolutely disgusting the lengths gone to shrug off a woman beating thug. One was an accident of youth. The other the conscience decision by a piece of ****.

murderer>>>>>>>>>>>>>thug

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Heatley didn't drink and drive. If he had, he would have been in prison.

On September 29, 2003, Heatley was seriously injured after he lost control of the Ferrari 360 Modena he was driving. The car struck a wall, splitting the car in half and ejecting him and his passenger, teammate Dan Snyder. Heatley suffered a broken jaw, a minor concussion, a bruised lung and a bruised kidney, and he tore three ligaments in his right knee; Snyder was critically injured, with a skull fracture, and died six days later, on October 5, of sepsis. Heatley was charged with vehicular homicide; he pleaded guilty to second-degree vehicular homicide, driving too fast for conditions, failure to maintain a lane and speeding. He admitted to drinking prior to the incident, but his blood-alcohol content was below the legal limit.

Being below the legal limit doesnt mean you werent drinking and driving. Its possible to be impaired while under the legal BAC limit, and also possible to not be impaired while over it. To be specific, Georgia law allows for the issuance of a DUI offense while under the legal BAC if the driver exhibits behaviors of impairment, as judged by the officer. I'm not saying he was drunk. But he drank and then drove(unless of course, youre going to say he admitted to doing it just for kicks?). For any normal person, that's considered drinking and driving.

Reactions: 2-4 Slashin

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
absolutely disgusting how someone will call a conscious decision to drink and drive, endangering the lives of everyone on the road with them, an "accident of youth".
NO F'N KIDDING! I don't like what Voynov did but to even compare it to what Heatley did is just ridiculous!

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
So... what is the latest?

We know the league is stalling; do we know how long this can last? Is the PA doing something about it?

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
Your books aren't a legal definition mate.

And why would the dead person be a murder?
I personal don't go by the letter of the law. Ever country has some laws that are nonsensical and just plain messed up!
Also, I think you know what he was saying, come on.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
So... what is the latest?

We know the league is stalling; do we know how long this can last? Is the PA doing something about it?

We'll likely know something after the Watson arbitration verdict which was conducted about a week ago. They've noted this neutral arbitrator will take their time in figuring a verdict (couple weeks) but I can't imagine it'll be too far away from now.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I'm sure all teams what to win but bringing in a documented woman beater could only have positive results from a PR standpoint. :sarcasm:

In the age we live in now there would be outrage and rightfully so. No team is going to touch that.

Not only this, but some people have extremely strong feelings about domestic abuse/abusers. All its going to take is one established member of the team to be one of those people and there goes your room. How many teams are going to be willing to take that chance?

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Not only this, but some people have extremely strong feelings about domestic abuse/abusers. All its going to take is one established member of the team to be one of those people and there goes your room. How many teams are going to be willing to take that chance?

See: The Houston Astros.

Verlander spoke out about Osuna, as soon as Osuna was acquired by the Astros, Verlander changed his tune. And largely so did the MLB and Astros fanbase especially as the Astros and Osuna look to go far this post season. When it comes down to it the average FAN (we're not talking about SJW who doesn't watch the sport) cares more about winning. And when players get to know one another it's largely a non-issue. Especially when you consider how many current NHLers Voynov and his wife were visiting this summer. He's liked by his teammates.

Back on topic,

Given what some team's paid for dmen this year, I think Voynov even with the baggage will be worth more than a 5th. I wouldn't be surprised if he could fetch LA a conditional 3rd+ now. It'll depend largely on what sort of penalty the NHL imposes. His value will only go up if we start to see more injuries.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
See: The Houston Astros.

Verlander spoke out about Osuna, as soon as Osuna was acquired by the Astros, Verlander changed his tune. And largely so did the MLB and Astros fanbase especially as the Astros and Osuna look to go far this post season. When it comes down to it the average FAN (we're not talking about SJW who doesn't watch the sport) cares more about winning. And when players get to know one another it's largely a non-issue. Especially when you consider how many current NHLers Voynov and his wife were visiting this summer. He's liked by his teammates.

Back on topic,

Given what some team's paid for dmen this year, I think Voynov even with the baggage will be worth more than a 5th. I wouldn't be surprised if he could fetch LA a conditional 3rd+ now. It'll depend largely on what sort of penalty the NHL imposes. His value will only go up if we start to see more injuries.

If you took away the baggage, he’s likely a top pairing defenseman and would be worth at least a first-round pick. Coincidentally, he’s exactly what the Kings need right now.

Reactions: King Trouty

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
No team worth it’s name would touch him with a ten foot pole

What kind of message would that send?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
many teams would take his rights, but not as he is. Not in the current political environment.

There are powerful groups who would be his enemies, but they are also fickle and would welcome him if he did the right things. He'd have to become an anti-abuse activist, and would have to donate significant cash to local women's shelters or other such ways to kiss the ring of feminist groups. And yes, part of that involves fully admitting what he did, and that would have to stay a major part of his life.

It can be done. It would be worst at first, but over time the intensity would soften.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad