KhairaDraisaitlPuljujarvi
LucicStromeYamamoto
CaggiulaMaloneKassian
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Prospects projected at 9th: Ty Smith, Joel Farabee, Rasmus Kupar & Ryan Merkley

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
It doesn't really fill a need. Drais fills a need. Not what it would take to get him though or even if he is available.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That’s about the rental value of Skinner. I don’t think Edmonton would be the one to pay it though. I doubt anyone does before UFA rolls around, where JVR/Kane/Neal can be had for only Cap space.

Reactions: cptjeff

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Doesn't make sense for Edmonton to trade for a rental.

It also doesn't make any sense to take on Skinner without sending salary back.

I would say it's also a bit too much for rental skinner I think 9th overall is more valuable than the late 1st round pick and a prospect plus conditional pick if he signs that he's probably worth at the deadline.

Then again you're dealing with Chia and the empty chair he'll be negotiating with is likely a more competent GM than Chiarelli is.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
If the Oilers drop to 10/11 in the lottery tomorrow, I would trade it for Skinner.

RNH-MCDAVID-X
X-DRAI-SKINNER
LUCIC-STROME-PUL

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Starts with Aho? As in it would require more than him to acquire your first?
No as in aho and the first pick would be the core pieces to the deal other pieces could or would be added to the deal. I see Aho as the only player I would take out of Carolina for the reason of being able to play him with pool party. Not really interested in skinner or Faulk like others

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
That’s about the rental value of Skinner. I don’t think Edmonton would be the one to pay it though. I doubt anyone does before UFA rolls around, where JVR/Kane/Neal can be had for only Cap space.

Pretty much. Pick won’t be for 2018 most likely. Canes will get a 2019 pick for Skinner since the trade market opens up after FA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad