Player Discussion Skinner appreciation thread.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just wait till Dustin Schwartz gets his greasy rat claws on him. He'll be letting in the first shot in no time.

I like Skinner, I hope he makes it this year.
Wait I assume Schwartz already works / worked with him in the A. Or does Schwartz only works with Oiler goalies?

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
If everything goes exceptionally well, there'll be no "Bury Skinner's sorry ass to minors and trade for a true #1" demands in this thread before 2022, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
This won't age well....
Username checks out lol.

This is the time though that the oilers need to be playing skinner to see what they have.

Right now his play certainly has not cost the oilers any points, I would like to see him get at least 20 or so games this year to know for next season. Smith is already under contract and it would be good to have koskinens cap space ready for Pulji

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I already have more confidence in Skinner than I’ve ever had in Koskinen. Wouldn’t doubt most of his teammates feel the same way.
you could tell in the first jets game, when cosine was pulled the team played better. ive also said since last year the team plays tight (not a good tight) and grip s their sticks when Koskinen is in net.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i wonder if he can put a string of games toegther, ive always thought there was binnington possibility after he went on that 20+ game run in the AHL a couple years ago

Reactions: oilers'72

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
You put up a game like that, I don't care if your full-time job is driving zambonies, you're getting the start next game. Not even a question.

100% Tipp knows this as well, koskinen knows as well, if he doesnt play the Principal it tells the whole team you can play your best game ever and get benched

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If Kosko is the bar to be a starter in the League. Then Skinner is already a Starter. He’s better than Kosko in every aspect: calmer, more positionally sound, quicker legs, better balance and stability, more controlled lateral movements, better tracking, more poise, and oh, he actually has a glove hand.

You can tell the team has more confidence in Skinner than Koskinen

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Ive been watching Skinner since he was 15. I was so happy that for his performance against Winnipeg. Realistically I doubt we get a goalie until January at earliest so I hope we play Stuey a decent amount just so we can see what we have with him.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I already have more confidence in Skinner than I’ve ever had in Koskinen. Wouldn’t doubt most of his teammates feel the same way.
This is me now, and I’d assume the team. Skinner made 2 key saves to start the game tonight, which allowed the Oilers to find their legs and take over, Koskinen puts them behind more often then not.

Another great game tonight, only 2 goals he gave up was the double deflection, and a 2 on 0. I’d be surprised to not see him get a chance to be the guy the next couple weeks.

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Skinner has officially played the 9th most games ever by a goalie drafted by the Oilers.
It's a sad short list.
That list also includes this guy - Mike Greenlay, who they drafted out of Midget AAA?
Someone has to know the story on this one.

The early days of the Barry Fraser in Mexico era. No one else in 1986 made an NHL career and Buchberger was the only one in 1985 (188th OA).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad