Confirmed Trade: [SJS/TBL] Vladislav Namestnikov (50% retained) for Mikey Eyssimont

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Why wouldn't we just fill minutes with Eyssimont?

Because you can fill more minutes, with a better and more versatile player in Namestnikov. :dunno:

It hardly seems like a big priority...but Namestnikov is really good at soaking up minutes and playing with skill guys without getting in the way. It's a better use of those minutes, and more likely to help get a read on those around him. Very small thing, but it's not like this is some big trade that gave up anything in return. So...tinkering.

• Haha
Reactions: Cradorium

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Because you can fill more minutes, with a better and more versatile player in Namestnikov. :dunno:

It hardly seems like a big priority...but Namestnikov is really good at soaking up minutes and playing with skill guys without getting in the way. It's a better use of those minutes, and more likely to help get a read on those around him. Very small thing, but it's not like this is some big trade that gave up anything in return. So...tinkering.
I just don't see the benefit of filling minutes with an older, more expensive player when the Sharks suck and are going to continue to suck (plus we already have vets on every line and are not bothering to play any rookies, so trying to "get a read on those around him" doesn't seem like a significant concern anyway - we pretty much know what everyone is already). I'd rather have the younger guy who might possibly have a future, however remote that is. Just seems like a pointless tinker, to go along with Grier's other pointless tinkers.

I'd bet we're flipping Namestnikov, though.

Reactions: Cradorium

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This poor Bastard is like the kid who goes home early and misses out on thrcmost epic night in history, then has to listen to everyone talk about it for the rest of his life.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Lol…this guy in his later years is like the definition of a forgettably average NHL player. Definitely not outwardly bad. But certainly not good. More than a fringe scrub. But never anything to remember when he’s gone.
Unfortunately #23 is already taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad