Confirmed Trade: [SJS/TBL] Vladislav Namestnikov (50% retained) for Mikey Eyssimont

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
They now have $1,269,967 of LTIR space according to cap friendly. With third party broker deals possible, that is a significant amount they can play with now. They could also demote a guy like Perbix if they picked up a veteran D. The move opens up several more possibilities.
Perbix is not going anywhere after signing the extension. Odds are Hayden Fleury goes down. But what gets interesting is the available RFA Defensemen. That's not so deep so unless JBB is doing something insane (possible), the I have no clue.

I will say though, there's a lot of players who would fit into our 3rd D line.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'd rather have a proven depth option over a 26 year who has yet to crack an NHL roster on a full time basis and likely won't crack Tampa's because It's Tampa

Tampa has to be doing something else.
Tampa is going for the late bloomer not the has-been. Eyssimont is gonna be an energy guy in this league for a while. I don’t think this was Grier lusting after Namestnikov. I think it was more Tampa identifying Eyssimont. This is what good teams with a track record of sustained success do.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather have a proven depth option over a 26 year who has yet to crack an NHL roster on a full time basis and likely won't crack Tampa's because It's Tampa

Tampa has to be doing something else.
T-Bay needs young and cheap. Eyssimont has been really good this year, though not putting up lots of points. It's a sneaky good move for a cap team

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I nominate this trade as "WTF is this" move for this year's trade deadline.. Absolutely makes no sense for either the sharks or bolts

Reactions: Sysreq

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not sure i really get this one from Tampa's end. By the time they've retained on Namestnikov, the savings seems pretty small, if the aim is to clear space for another move. Obviously with Jeannot coming in, Namestnikov didn't really have a role or a spot in the lineup...but he seems like the sort of versatile, serviceable depth that is nice to have as a spare heading toward the playoffs. Doesn't really do anything particularly well, but isn't particularly terrible either and can plug in wherever. I guess Eyssimont fits a "role" better...if you have to bring a depth guy into the lineup in the playoffs?

I get it from the Sharks end. They need bodies, and Namestnikov is an NHL player who kind of specializes in filling minutes. Probably more useful than another fringe depth energy guy for them. Get him at half price for the rest of the year, that's alright. Especially if the Sharks do end up moving some more bodies out by Friday.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I get it from the Sharks end. They need bodies, and Namestnikov is an NHL player who kind of specializes in filling minutes. Probably more useful than another fringe depth energy guy for them. Get him at half price for the rest of the year, that's alright. Especially if the Sharks do end up moving some more bodies out by Friday.
Why wouldn't we just fill minutes with Eyssimont?

Reactions: hn777 and Cradorium

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Omg what is Grier doing? what is the point? I've only seen a few games of Eyssimont but i've seen enough of Namestnikov. He didn't even get a pick?

Eyssimont is gonna be great in Tampa lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad