Confirmed Trade: [SJS/TBL] Vladislav Namestnikov (50% retained) for Mikey Eyssimont

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Love Vladdy, but as far as being a hockey player i've never seen a 27 year old get himself bodied and beat up out there like he is playing in a dads game quite like he does.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
He was the GM to start to give up bigs for bottom 6 players, then have to struggle with caps problems and dont have young cheap players to take bigger role for less money.
I didn't think I'd have to stand up for a GM who's team has gone to 3 straight finals appearances, but I guess I'll get up out this chair for a sec....

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
I'm wondering why this thread has this many replies and why it's still stickied. LOL

Edit for P.S. A head scratcher to me. A useful bottom 4th line player can play a few shifts with good energy on third line, for a guy who doesn't help now doesn't have any value in the league and only helps TB save a little on their Cap.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Would have made more sense to me if they didn't give back an NHL roster played. I know it wasn't a full season worth of games here but surly this couldn't be simply to get back a roster player on a team that needs roster players.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Love Vladdy, but as far as being a hockey player i've never seen a 27 year old get himself bodied and beat up out there like he is playing in a dads game quite like he does.
That's always been the main issue. Doesn't score well enough to crack a good top-six, and he gets rag-dolled come playoff time. And never really added the strength that might have made him an effective NHLer on a good team.

I still think he can have a solid career playing a scoring role for lesser teams. Lots of guys have done that.

Would have made more sense to me if they didn't give back an NHL roster played. I know it wasn't a full season worth of games here but surly this couldn't be simply to get back a roster player on a team that needs roster players.
Namestnikov just didn't fill a role in TB. He was just kind of there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad