Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Mikkel Boedker (4 years, $4M AAV)

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Tbf, 4mil isn't as much as it was 5 years ago or even a year ago, due to the rising cap.

This deal (4M AAV) will make him around the 220th highest paid player in hockey. Out of a league of 700+ players, that is a lot of money.

To FyC:

If he's worth more than that, how can he be overrated?

He produces 40+ points per 82 games and has an outside shot of having a 50+ year. He's a complimentary piece.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
This deal (4M AAV) will make him around the 220th highest paid player in hockey. Out of a league of 700+ players, that is a lot of money.

To FyC:

If he's worth more than that, how can he be overrated?

He produces 40+ points per 82 games and has an outside shot of having a 50+ year. He's a complimentary piece.

He's overrated by "some". His point totals do not paint the whole picture of his play. Therefore he's not " that" good. (That = what his point totals show)

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
"That" good doesn't necessarily mean bad. I can't believe I have to explain that...

You have to explain it because the statement makes no sense.

If he's worth more than 4 mill he's bonafide top six. So I guess it was just nonsensical.

Maybe we have a different idea what a 4 mill forward brings?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He's overrated by "some". His point totals do not paint the whole picture of his play. Therefore he's not " that" good. (That = what his point totals show)

So what is the whole picture of his play?

His point totals show he's a top 6 forward. You yourself said he should be paid more than 4 million dollars. >4M = Top 6 money.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
So what is the whole picture of his play?

His point totals show he's a top 6 forward. You yourself said he should be paid more than 4 million dollars. >4M = Top 6 money.

This is a semantic argument over the phrase "that good", and I think it's a pointless argument, so I'm not going to waste my time

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
In San Jose he will be purely a complementary piece. From all accounts, even in this thread, he is at his best in that role. We have players like Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Donskoi, Hertl, Burns, etc. to do the serious heavy lifting. If he gets 15-20 goals and 45-55 points as a 2nd or 3rd line complementary piece, then this is outstanding value. Given everything I've read, those numbers seem pretty reasonable, especially on a better team than he's used to. So, I'm happy about this signing. I mean, we obviously needed more speed after what we saw in the SCF's, and this deal gives us that.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
We've never seen him in an offense of potent as San Jose
He could be a high scoring secondary piece like Havlat during his Sens/Hawks glory days.

Solid signing that's medium-ish risk/high reward.... with lower cap hit compensating longer term

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Super fast with really good hands. The frustrating thing is he looks like he has the talent to be so much better than he is. I'm interested to see what he can do playing with better centers out from under Tippett.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He had 50 points while playing in Arizona and broken Avs. In last three season he had 50 point pace in every in very bad team.

He had a lot of points because he played on a bad team, people look at players on bad teams and they automatically assume they'll be more productive on different teams, but they rarely are because they're spoon fed more offensive minutes and opportunities.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
He had a lot of points because he played on a bad team, people look at players on bad teams and they automatically assume they'll be more productive on different teams, but they rarely are because they're spoon fed more offensive minutes and opportunities.

But they're also playing with significantly less talent/structure. I personally think it evens out for the most part.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

That's the most vague analysis I've seen.

Boedker is going to be spoon fed offensive minutes/situations on the Sharks if he needs it.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
That's the most vague analysis I've seen.

Boedker is going to be spoon fed offensive minutes/situations on the Sharks if he needs it.

He was spoon fed those minutes because he was one of three forwards who could do anything with it up until this year anyway.

I'm not saying he will score 50+ because he has better linemates but I do think he will be a more effective player. If that makes sense.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Best contract of free agency, IMO. Surprised he went that low. Nice addition for the Sharks. Should fit in well with the speed game they like to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad