Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Mikkel Boedker (4 years, $4M AAV)

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I gotta admit I was duped by him. Not sure what happened to this guy.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I gotta admit I was duped by him. Not sure what happened to this guy.

The deeper you looked at Boedker, the worse he looked on paper. He generated the majority of his points on the PP where he had one of the highest average time on ice per game in the league.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Boedker was hockey hipsters favourite player. Played in an obscure market so people thought if they could grab him theyd someone be the smartest person in the room. Its similar to Florida Panthers players in the past when everyone thought they were this underrated superstar waiting to breakout (Im looking at you Bouwmeester). Also Weise to a lesser extent, Jokinen, Booth

J-Bo literally was a superstar in Florida, and Booth's career was derailed by injuries so I don't think those are great examples. Boedker has constantly shown flashes of being the top line offensive guy he was supposed to be so it doesn't surprise me teams keep taking chances on.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Boedker was hockey hipsters favourite player. Played in an obscure market so people thought if they could grab him theyd someone be the smartest person in the room. Its similar to Florida Panthers players in the past when everyone thought they were this underrated superstar waiting to breakout (Im looking at you Bouwmeester). Also Weise to a lesser extent, Jokinen, Booth

I'm going to defend Jaybo here. When he came to Calgary, he was put into the role of more of a shutdown guy. The system really didn't fit his style. Over the years, he just developed that side of his game more.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I'll take boedker on habs

Throw in a 2nd rounder and wells send you a cap dump like desharnais and prospect like say andrighetto or Daniel carr

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad