Confirmed Trade: [SJS/FLA] Anthony Duclair for Steven Lorentz and 2025 5th round pick

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Glad he's going to SJS instead of Calgary. I was worried when I read that rumor of him being traded to Calgary for Hanifin.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Sharks are far from the worse team in the NHL

Lol what?

How is a team that just finished 28th last year, and missed being the worst by 2 points "far" from being the worst. Did you mean to choose a more accurate word, because far is not the right one.

We added nothing of note this offseason, our best players are all 29 and over, and Karlsson is almost certainly not going put up another 100pt season. We wont have Meier to start this season either, and we might even find a trade partner for Karlsson which would make our defense easily contending for one of the worst in the NHL.

If you do not think we are the worst, I could understand that, there are some other ugly looking teams, but we are not far from the worst by any definition of that word.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
This feels like a robbery by SJ, baring another bad injury SJ is going to be able to flip him for a nice return at the deadline especially if they retain 50%, and especially if they can get double retention
Why are people acting like Duclair is a top 10 wing? He is a one dimensional winger that has had one really good season playing with Barkov and Huberdeau, two of the better set up guys in the NHL. He has never played 82 games once in his 8 year career. He consistently shies away from any physical play. I remember 1 actual hit in the Panther‘s playoff run. I like Duke he’s a nice complementary player, but he isn’t a line driver. San Jose is his 7th NHL team there is a reason for that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why are people acting like Duclair is a top 10 wing? He is a one dimensional winger that has had one really good season playing with Barkov and Huberdeau, two of the better set up guys in the NHL. He has never played 82 games once in his 8 year career. He consistently shies away from any physical play. I remember 1 actual hit in the Panther‘s playoff run. I like Duke he’s a nice complementary player, but he isn’t a line driver. San Jose is his 7th NHL team there is a reason for that.

Nobody is suggesting he's a top 10 winger but he's capable of 20+ goals and that's going to have deadline value especially when he can be had as low as 750K

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
I like Duclair but this is reality

Reactions: Laus723

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lol what?

How is a team that just finished 28th last year, and missed being the worst by 2 points "far" from being the worst. Did you mean to choose a more accurate word, because far is not the right one.

We added nothing of note this offseason, our best players are all 29 and over, and Karlsson is almost certainly not going put up another 100pt season. We wont have Meier to start this season either, and we might even find a trade partner for Karlsson which would make our defense easily contending for one of the worst in the NHL.

If you do not think we are the worst, I could understand that, there are some other ugly looking teams, but we are not far from the worst by any definition of that word.
Arizona is still terrible
Philly has dumped every valuable player on their tram minis Konecny.
Habs got worse also, selecting a player who won't come help them next year
Hawks are still shit

The only team below or close to SJ thay got better is CBS drafting their top C.

Unless Hertl leaves or Karlsson leaves. i think SJ won't finish any lower than the trams mentionned above.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hawks are still shit

Unless Hertl leaves or Karlsson leaves. i think SJ won't finish any lower than the trams mentionned above.
5-15-5 in the games after Meier was sat for and after the trade. A 49 point pace over 82. They were worse than their record after the deadline and are replacing Meier with Duclair and replaced Reimer with Blackwood. If Karlsson is gone, they’re not getting better.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Nobody is suggesting he's a top 10 winger but he's capable of 20+ goals and that's going to have deadline value especially when he can be had as low as 750K

That‘s great for the Sharks when they are rebuilding, but the Panthers are in a win now mode. They traded Duclair for bottom 6 help (their 4th line was absolutely wrecked in the playoffs especially against Vegas) and freed up money to sign Rodrigues who should be able to do everything Duclair does and he actually is defensively responsible and won’t shy away from board battles. Duclair is great for run and gun hockey, but he just doesn’t fit the style the Panthers want to play now. Ottawa let him go for nothing at least the Panthers got something useful to them out of the trade.

Reactions: Laus723

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Hawks are still shit

That is still not "far" from the worst though, if only roughly 4 teams are in the running for worse than us.

Its also funny that your list includes literally one team that was worse than SJ last year, while again trying to argue to we are "far" from the worst.

CBJ got better, Anaheim is much further along in their rebuild, and could easily be better than us next year if some of their great prospect pool progresses to the NHL.

Chicago is bad, but also just added a superstar/generational prospect to their lineup, which means its anyones guess how much that changes their overall record.

Meanwhile SJ, a team that already finished 4th from last with a 100pt defenseman unlikely to repeat that sort of year(if he even stays on the team), downgraded their forward core from Meier to Duclair and added literally nothing else of note to the team. We were already bad, and only got worse on paper from last years starting lineup to this years projected starting lineup.

Im sorry, you are simply incorrect to state SJ is far from the worst. We are very much in the running for the worst.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He has 14 points in 34 playoff games and is a -5, he’ll have value but anyone sending a 2nd or worse a 1st is wasting the pick. Duke is where the play went to die way too often this past off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad