Confirmed Trade: [SJS/FLA] Anthony Duclair for Steven Lorentz and 2025 5th round pick

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Where did I say Kuli is a stud?

Exactly with Kuli& OEL Mikkola is completely useless, they all should be fighting for the #3LD position on a good team and you don’t spend 2.5M on Mikkola when you have zero cap space.

3 players for same role, zero for the actual role they needed
We didn't have 4M+ to throw at Graves. We had to sign multiple D because Ek and Montour are gonna miss the start of the season. Mikkola is a decent gamble. He had a good season last year, finally became a regular and played very well for the Rangers. He'll likely play on 2nd pair with Montour, that's what Monty needs someone who stays back, takes care of his own end, blocks shots. Mikkola is trending up while Kuli is trending down. OEL will be lucky just to re-establish himself as a solid nhl D. Right now Mikkola has the edge with his last season.

Likely, OEL will be fighting with Mahura to play in the top 6. Kuli can play the right side, so he likely slots in at 3RD.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Where did I say Kuli is a stud?

Exactly with Kuli& OEL Mikkola is completely useless, they all should be fighting for the #3LD position on a good team and you don’t spend 2.5M on Mikkola when you have zero cap space.

3 players for same role, zero for the actual role they needed

Where is he going to find the cap?
For what? He can LTIR Ek and Monty if necessary. Or make one or more moves. I’m not gonna freak on day one, especially when we got Tkachuk later on.

From hanafin to Lorentz lol
Nope, went from Lorentz to Lorentz. It was never one for one on a possible Hanifin deal. If anyone believed that they’re dumb.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Risky move you mean, seeing as how Duclair has done that one time, on a much better and more offensively inclined team, with better supporting players, while being younger, and at least one less injury on his body.

On top of that risk, we are trying to be bad, if Duclair does rebound and turn into a good player, that could actively hurt the Sharks tanking, especially if we cannot find a taker for Karlsson. Looking at last year, getting contributions from guys like Karlsson, Meier, Reimer etc, are the sole reason we were not the worst team in the NHL.

Right now, we are on paper the worst team in the NHL, I see no valid reason to attempt to change that for the off chance that Duclair has another career year and can be flipped at the deadline for hopefully more than we trade to get him in the first place.
Duke had a very good 2021 season as well.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Risky move you mean, seeing as how Duclair has done that one time, on a much better and more offensively inclined team, with better supporting players, while being younger, and at least one less injury on his body.

He's scored at that rate twice in his career, so it's not an aberration. He had better teammates in Florida but he'll have more powerplay time in San Jose. In Florida, he played 24:05 on the PP all season. For comparison, Tkachuk had over 350 minutes. Duclair had the 11th most powerplay time per game of all Florida skaters at just 1:13.

The Sharks know what they're doing, he'll have every opportunity to succeed, and he knows it. And it's a contract year. And it's $3 million. Good stuff Grier.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Duke had a very good 2021 season as well.

Half a season**

Again, not only do we have to hope he has a rebound year after missing the majority of the last one, we also have to hope he can stay healthy which he has done.....exactly once, so that we can actually have the chance to get some assets at the TD.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Not gonna lie Duclair kinda seems fitting as a shark.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I think Duclair is still living off his 2022 season value a bit in here which seems like a one off on that stacked Panthers team. Small sample size but after returning from the torn Achilles this year he put up 6 goals (including an empty netter) in 40 games. That’s not going to cut it when you’re a serious liability in your own zone

What he will bring is consistent stretching of the defense in the transition game due to his speed and is a great addition to the locker room and community

Panthers won’t really miss his on ice contributions though. He had one non-empty net goal this regular season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad