Confirmed with Link: [SJ/NYR] James Sheppard to the Rangers for a 4th (2016) + 100k salary retained

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Rangers fan here can he fight a bit? Does he stick up for teammates? Will he add some grit because we need some on the 4th line...

Nah, you didn't get him for that. He's gritty in terms of battling for pucks tho.

His play style is actually a lot like Ryane Clowe (minus the fighting and lack of skating). Battles on the boards, tries to make plays.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't know. I think he's more consistent than guys like Nieto and Hertl. Granted those are young players, but if you put the big 4 forwards aside, I can't see how Sheppard has consistency issues.

The issue with Sheppard is that everybody is asking way too much from him.
He's been thrown around on the bottom 2 lines on the wing and center, playing with a lot of different players for as long as he's been in SJ. How is he supposed to find his game when you don't give him a chance? This team relies on the top 2 lines for offense, but sometimes you can see one of the bottom 2 lines stepping up. Sheppard is pretty much always part of that line.

The only part about this trade that I like is that it's probably the best for Sheppard himself. I wish him well in the Rangers, and I hope that they will give him more stability.

He doesn't bust his ass night in and night out. He straight up quit in the Nashville game on a backcheck. He is what he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad