Confirmed with Link: [SJ/DAL] Demers ~35% salary retained + 3rd in 2016 for Dillon

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
My thoughts on the trade:

1- Finally, DW starting to use the trade system on the blue line.
2- My gut reaction is that DW overpaid for a young, un-drafted defenseman, but there is really nothing seriously wrong with this trade.
3- I think it is likely that Dillon and Demers will do better with their new teams.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I liked Dillion outside of the goal that was scoring with him standing in the crease. I liked that he was willing to skate the puck up more then a few times, and was pretty good with it. Rather then just going for a long stretch pass which every other DMen seems to do every time.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
My initial thought watching the Stars/Kings highlights was that someone must have suggest that Demers to shoot the puck ON net in his exit interview.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
I liked Dillion outside of the goal that was scoring with him standing in the crease. I liked that he was willing to skate the puck up more then a few times, and was pretty good with it. Rather then just going for a long stretch pass which every other DMen seems to do every time.
That's probably not gonna continue after this coaching staff gets to him.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011

I feel similar to you. Which is why I think it's kind of a waste to have two dmen who carry the puck up the ice on the same pairing.

Hopefully the coaching staff tries something like:
Vlasic-Burns
Dillon-Braun
Mueller-Tenny

Puts an Offensive and defensive D on each pairing.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I feel similar to you. Which is why I think it's kind of a waste to have two dmen who carry the puck up the ice on the same pairing.

Vlasic-Burns
Dillon-Braun
Mueller-Tenny

I really liked the idea of a Burns-Vlasic Pairing in the offseason, after seeing Burns struggle in his own end I'm not sure how much I like the idea. Vlasic is used in shut down situations, I don't like Burns out there with him. Vlasic-Braun don't provide much offense, but they are capable of controlling the puck and Vlasic has proven he can control the puck with high CF% last season.

Vlasic - Braun
Dillion - Burns
Mueller - Fedun/Tenny

*sidenote- Burns-Dillion is a fun pairing when they are actually hitting people. Think Chipchura got rocked by both of them on the same shift at one point.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

Vlasic-Burns
Dillon-Braun
Mueller-Tenny

That's not an offensive and defensive d on each pairing. That's

DFD-OFD
DFD-DFD
DFD-OFD

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
That's not an offensive and defensive d on each pairing. That's

DFD-OFD
DFD-DFD
DFD-OFD

Dillon is our second best Dman at carrying the puck up the ice. While he's not a true OFD the way the team has been created that's the closest you are going to get at OFD-DFD pairings.

I really feel like with Braun's defensive ability Dillon will be able to blossom similar to Vlasic-Demers.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think we don't know what Dillon is yet. He put up like 15? At ES one year which is pretty good tbf. But if you are with burns you are getting shackled.

I say try him with Braun and see if we can coax some offense out of him. I'd even try him with fedun or Tennyson on the bottom pairing

Vlasic-burns
Mueller-Braun
Dillon-Tennyson

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think we don't know what Dillon is yet. He put up like 15? At ES one year which is pretty good tbf. But if you are with burns you are getting shackled.

I say try him with Braun and see if we can coax some offense out of him. I'd even try him with fedun or Tennyson on the bottom pairing

Vlasic-burns
Mueller-Braun
Dillon-Tennyson

I think Dillon has some offensive upside but one thing is for sure, assuming Hannan and Irwin are scratched this is one seriously mobile group of d-men and all of them can move the puck.

I'm pretty excited to see what they can do.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I like the idea of Vlasic-Burns, Dillon-Braun. Vlasic can babysit Burns, Braun for protect Dillon as he explores and learns how and when to pinch at a high level.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
with all due respect....
who do u know? what proof??

What do you mean who do I know?

If you look at his ESTOI and usage in the NHL you'll see that he's played (and succeeded) in a top 4 role, he was heavily relied on in really tough minutes in Dallas in the 12/13 & 13/14 seasons.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad