Confirmed with Link: [SJ/Buf] Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Regan, Cndt'l 2019 1st, Cndt'l 2020 4th

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am curious how much would we be able to get for Kane's rights (assuming he is asking for way too much)? I would not be surprised if we can get a 3rd of 4th round pick back for that.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Man. I am excited now that the conditions are clearer. Like @Sharksrule04 said, we either end up with a annual 20+ goal scorer or give up a 1st round pick in 2019 with an off-season in the middle where DW has said he will spend to the cap. Maybe O'Regan turns his around but I was not too impressed by his play in the NHL.
O'Regan was getting to a point where it seemed like he might be able to hang in the NHL but I wasn't gonna hold my breath.

I wonder what the lineup will look like for now.

Meier-Pavelski-Donskoi
Hertl-Couture-Kane
Boedker-Tierney-Labanc
Goodrow-Fehr-Hansen
Karlsson

Will be curious to see who comes out of the lineup if/when Thornton comes back in.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Deboer? Is that you? Why do you hate Heed so much! You shouldn’t have Snapped him those pics! Of course he’d take a screenshot of it, he’s only human!

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I think O'Reagan would probably be best suited to 3rd line center duties but that wouldn't happen here unless tierney was traded

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Kane scores goals.
He hits.
He fights.
How many times this season have we yearned for that goal? How many times have we wanted someone to stand up for a dirty hit on our players?
And he’s 26??
I have no doubt that DW did his due diligence in talking to his agent regarding his attitude and his desire to sign a contract.
I’m excited to see Kane on this team.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I didn't realize he's only 26. Feels like he's been around forever.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kane played with Pavs during the lockout. Plus he's a Vancouver Giant so Nem will be happy. Plus he's near the top of the list creating scoring chances in the slot. Sharks forwards as a whole are middle of the pack.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
With a healthy Thorton our playoff roster could look pretty dang good. I'd go...

Couture-Hertl-Kane
Pavs-Thorton-Meier
Labanc-Tierney-Donskoi
Boedker-Fehr-Goodrow

Until Thorton is back, put Donskoi with Joe and Meier and Boedker on the 3rd line.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
We have such versatility up front now. I wouldn't even mind if he plays on the Tierney Boedker line. They seem to lack a linemate that goes hard to the net for the puck. And lets be honest, they throw a lot of blind passes to the slot, which is where Kane goes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Quiet Kane trade upside for me: This is the first time I've had a hometown WHL team alum in the Sharks org since the ill-fated selection of Tyson Sexsmith.

10809241.jpg

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Finally able to log in.

Was ready to excoriate DW over this trade, but the conditions make it a good one. At best, the Sharks lose two first-round picks but have a Cup and Kane signed-long term. At worst, the Sharks lose a 2nd and a 4th.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
The trade has a lot of upside with very little risk. Sabres definitely wanted more but settled for our offer I'm assuming. Sharks desperately needed another scoring forward and we got one without even having to give up a roster player which is amazing.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Would've been nice to land maroon for a third too.

Imagine
Maroon-19-8
Kane-Cooch-Hertl
LaBanc-Tierney-Donskoi
Melker/hansen/Boedker-Fehr-Goodrow

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Plus side to all this is we potentially have 8 top 6 players and 10 top 9 guys. 11 depending on how you feel about Hansen and his improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad