Confirmed with Link: [SJ/Buf] Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Regan, Cndt'l 2019 1st, Cndt'l 2020 4th

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Based on DW's comments, it sounds like this summer is going to be huge for acquisitions - whether Tavares or not. Have to think DW was always going to use that cap space. A 2019 1st likely isn't that high. I really hope they re-sign Kane.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The expected conditions according to TSN are that the 1st is lottery protected and the 4th is re-signing contingent.

So basically if the team's off-season plans re: Tavares or anything else big falls apart and they look like they're going to miss the playoffs or have to rebuild, they don't lose their 1st.

that's not a bad setup actually.

I'm mostly glad the prospect traded wasn't someone I really like.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Was a little bummed at losing O'Regan and a first. But now I see those conditions, and it might not even be a first...which is great.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Wow those conditions are great! Really loving this deal right now. Worst case scenario we lose a 2nd and 4th. Best case scenario we got an annual 25-30 goal scorer for a 1st and 4th. We can even see how he fits in the locker room for the next couple months.

Reactions: Rem

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Conditional 1st, conditional 4th plus prospect. Wilson, you moron...
Don't judge before all the details come out. A 4th and O'regan have little value and the 1st is contingent on if he resigns, great deal.

Also it should permanently ban your nemesis Karlsson to the 4th line until the 3rd period when Labanc inevitably gets demoted to the 4th line or bench.

Reactions: spintops

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Feel like this is the first time in a while we've made a deadline deal and won't have to wait for a player from Canada to complete the immigration process.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Much better than the Meier plus first rumor yesterday. I'm actually looking forward to see Kane and Meier together with Pavs. Awesome deal DW.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
As a Sabre fan I think you guys are going to be very happy with this deal. Kane brings speed, scoring and grit. He's put up good numbers on a team that can't get the puck out of there own zone. Plus he's never on the 1st PP. I can only image what his might do on a decent team like the Sharks

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't think we know the conditions on the 4th. TSN speculated that the 4th was the re-signing contingent one, but that was while they thought the 1st was lottery protected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad