Recalled/Assigned: Simmonds loaned to Marlies; Holmberg called up

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Potential injuries aside, I'd like to eventually go on a run with some stability in the lineup. That said, now is the best time to experiment and these are some of the players suited for that.

Typically the best time to experiment is preseason but they’re not even experimenting. They are in full blown desperation mode right now, trying everyone everywhere

Reactions: Buds17

horner

May 22, 2007
I like Holmberg but I find it odd to call him up before Steeves who seems to bring other elements to the table that the lineup is missing right now in the bottom six. He's also more seasoned at this point in time and his numbers are way better than Holmberg's with the Marlies. Holmberg is also a little older than Steeves believe it or not.
I would love to see McMann to me he has the defensive game + offence. To me he had a really good pre season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think this just shows our lack of depth. The cupboard isn’t what it used to be. Hopefully he does something, Keefe was raving about his preseaso, but we’ve already seen how that translates to real hockey.

The guy decimated our cupboards. He emptied our wallets and basically with the tandem we have in net... wrecked our chances in the near future, all with a chit eating grin on his face. He essentially mocks the fans and says we are too simple to understand the plan.

The guys done. This is the part in chess where you just move the king to stay out of check. It actually makes me a little ill to think about the level of incompetence ruining the franchise. I am sure they have credentials coming out the you know what too.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Typically the best time to experiment is preseason but they’re not even experimenting. They are in full blown desperation mode right now, trying everyone everywhere
I should have specified that I was referring to in-season/regular season time as I don't typically attribute a ton of stock to the preseason. This does unfortunately read like a science experiment to some extent though, yes. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Holmberg can show that he’s capable of handling 8-10 minutes a night, that would allow Kampf to go back up to 3C and maybe Kerfoot finally gets the boot for a player who actually excels at something instead of being able to do a bunch of things at a mediocre level.

Reactions: TMLAM34

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Smart move .. we can't continue to get caved continually at C ice .. Matty being back in game shape will make da difference .. but JT can't handle it and Kampf is not quick enough either .. so bringing in a C with speed should help out

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
They don't believe in him because he sucks
Might be true, but you're telling me he's worse than either of the hyphens? Malgin? Jarnkrok? They've all been atrocious

Maybe reward a guy playing well on the Marlies rather than rolling out plugs who do zilch

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Might be true, but you're telling me he's worse than either of the hyphens? Malgin? Jarnkrok? They've all been atrocious

Maybe reward a guy playing well on the Marlies rather than rolling out plugs who do zilch

Yes he is. He was god awful in pre-season and these guys outperformed him badly there.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Would really like to understand the reasoning/thinking for behind using Malgin as the #4 RWer over Simmonds and Kubel. with Kampf and ZAR. I get they want to give Pontus a shot at C because they don't believe in 88, 15 and 19 at #3C but gee talk about not setting up a guy for success.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00