Recalled/Assigned: Simmonds loaned to Marlies; Holmberg called up

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
If I'm Joey Anderson I am requesting a trade, they don't believe in him and he's not getting a shot here.

Maybe Dubas can give him away to Florida for a smurf so he can repeat the Mason Marchment theory again. Not sure why he didn't have a good camp though. Maybe he was hurt.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Not sure what Holmberg has done to warrant an NHL opportunity from his AHL stint. My guess is that an opportunity was promised and this is the fulfillment of that promise.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I like Holmberg but I find it odd to call him up before Steeves who seems to bring other elements to the table that the lineup is missing right now in the bottom six. He's also more seasoned at this point in time and his numbers are way better than Holmberg's with the Marlies. Holmberg is also a little older than Steeves believe it or not.

Steeves is too gritty for Dubas who wants to trade him immediately. He might get suspended or bruise an opponent.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Ah okay, so for now, trust you and not the multiple teams that had him there, got it, thank you.
Certainly not going to trust your knowledge of the player, btw his MVP playoff season in SHL was as a winger. Dooblers jester

Reactions: Cleetus

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I like Holmberg, but move might not make a dent in the ongoing issues.

Can he play defense? Kidding

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I like Holmberg, but move might not make a dent in the ongoing issues.

Can he play defense? Kidding

Mark Recchi just repeated what some have said on this board, if you are not producing offensively then you have to find other ways to be effective. Physicality, PK, provide energy. If they are not doing that, may as well bring up the kids that can.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
This is a strange one.

I really like Holmberg, but watchiing the Marlies, Steeves, Anderson and even a few others have been better.

Reactions: geo25

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Certainly not going to trust your knowledge of the player, btw his MVP playoff season in SHL was as a winger. Dooblers jester

sounds like he is so good he can play multiple positions effectively, I love it!

And he was a playoff MVP?

Not sure how anyone could have an issue with bringing this guy up...

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think this just shows our lack of depth. The cupboard isn’t what it used to be. Hopefully he does something, Keefe was raving about his preseaso, but we’ve already seen how that translates to real hockey.

Reactions: thewave

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I don't disagree about things not panning out for him as a Leaf. Don't know how well any trade request might go though considering he has previously cleared waivers (more than once too, IIRC?).
Nice guy Dubas usually will try and accommodate Marlies who want out and whose paths are blocked. Different story with Mikheyev though, he was valuable to the Leafs.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
If I'm Joey Anderson I am requesting a trade, they don't believe in him and he's not getting a shot here.
Sure, but he cleared waivers for the second time in October.

I don't think the Leafs give a rat's ass if Joey Anderson is upset.

Maybe a bit of upset would add some grit to his game.

I'd venture a guess that Sheldon Keefe is more than a bit upset, too. His upset might rub some much needed sandpaper under everyone's skin.

Bring on the upset!

Reactions: Buds17

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Mark Recchi just repeated what some have said on this board, if you are not producing offensively then you have to find other ways to be effective. Physicality, PK, provide energy. If they are not doing that, may as well bring up the kids that can.
Hopefully that piece of shit Engvall is sitting. Waive that bitch and hope someone takes the 2 mill off your books.

Reactions: sxvnert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad