Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid for the Stretch Run and Playoffs?

Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid for the Stretch Run and Playoffs?

• Total voters

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
BTW I never indicated I was taking the word of anyone.

I indicated some incidents that I think make the golden boy look bad - such as when he was visibly rattled against the Flyers in the playoffs, or when he snuck up behind Ryan O'Reilly and hit him in the nuts with his stick, or when he chewed out Dan Bylsma on the bench, or when he chewed out Mike Johnston on the bench.

Great leaders don't do those things.

Are you claiming these things did not happen?

See? This is more of what I mean. Players and coaches bark at each other all the time, especially when frustration takes over. Pointing to one incident is idiotic.

And how does a player getting frustrated if he's losing a game -- or as you call it "visibly rattled" -- indicate poor leadership? Is Toews a poor leader? He looked like he was about to cry in that infamous video where Seabrook had to calm him down in the penalty box during that playoff series versus I believe Detroit or Vancouver (can't remember which opponent). How about Ovechkin? He looked like he was going to start bawling every time the Pens beat them in the playoffs. Is he a poor leader for showing emotion?

This is exactly what I'm referring to. You'll pick random incidents that have literally nothing to do with leadership and say "see? that's poor leadership".

Reactions: wetcoast

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
See? This is more of what I mean. Players and coaches bark at each other all the time, especially when frustration takes over. Pointing to one incident is idiotic.

And how does a player getting frustrated if he's losing a game -- or as you call it "visibly rattled" -- indicate poor leadership? Is Toews a poor leader? He looked like he was about to cry in that infamous video where Seabrook had to calm him down in the penalty box during that playoff series versus I believe Detroit or Vancouver (can't remember which opponent). How about Ovechkin? He looked like he was going to start bawling every time the Pens beat them in the playoffs. Is he a poor leader for showing emotion?

This is exactly what I'm referring to. You'll pick random incidents that have literally nothing to do with leadership and say "see? that's poor leadership".

There are many acceptable ways to show emotion.

Telling your head coach to eff off (or whatever he said) in front of the rest of the team isn't one of them.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Crosby easily.

He's the top active playoff points leader in the NHL. If it was just regular season? easily McDavid IMO.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Should take Justin Williams over Crosby if we are going by track record.

He's got just as many cups and has been way more productive in game sevens and final series than Crosby.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Either guy on the caps basically guarantees a cup. But I'd take Crosby for the caps because that means the pens don't even make the playoffs.

Reactions: Beau Knows

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I think McDavid will be a big-time playoff performer, but he hasn't had the chance to prove it. Crosby has.

McDavid is the better player, but voting Crosby is fair here.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I doubt a coach in the league would take Mcdavid over Crosby for just this year's playoffs. The idea is almost ridiculous.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Should take Justin Williams over Crosby if we are going by track record.

He's got just as many cups and has been way more productive in game sevens and final series than Crosby.

I am sure you have turned many an opinion with this well thought out argument.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
This isnt really fair to McDavid. One player has done it all dominantly and the other is on the worst team in the history of existence.

I can see where pens fans would be annoyed with this excuse too. Because McDavid gets a lot of credit for regular season success.

Crosby with a interested Malkin is the last team any other team wants to play in the first round no matter where the pens finish

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It is easy to scoff at.

Sid has done lots of things to indicate his leadership is garbage - like visibly chewing out multiple head coaches on the bench, offering fights on behalf of his teammates, pulling other player's hair (among other girly type antics), generational whining, and deliberately hitting a player in the testicles from behind with his stick.

I've never seen McDavid get rattled the way Sid does - like against the Flyers in the playoffs a few years back.

Admittedly I am not into intangibles type arguments, but if I was, I just can't see one for Sid's leadership.

This is actually kind of funny but I think you forgot the "Crosby isn't a good defensive player" from other threads you have tired to promote your feelings on.

The answer to the poll is Crosby, until McDavid steps up in the playoffs.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There are many acceptable ways to show emotion.

Telling your head coach to eff off (or whatever he said) in front of the rest of the team isn't one of them.

Funny that everyone in NHL management and at hockey Canada have it wrong and you have it right eh?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Funny that everyone in NHL management and at hockey Canada have it wrong and you have it right eh?

In a country where a nativist like Don Cherry is regarded as a national hero, yeah, I have no problem pointing out their institutional bias.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
In a country where a nativist like Don Cherry is regarded as a national hero, yeah, I have no problem pointing out their institutional bias.

You do realize that Don Cherry is a shtick right?

I actually love the stories Cherry brings and the love of the game even if I don't agree with alot of what he says.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad