Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid for the Stretch Run and Playoffs?

Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid for the Stretch Run and Playoffs?

• Total voters

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I think I'd take the proven winner over the proven loser.

Ah yes, I’m sure you would have chosen Crosby circa year 2 or Lemieux early on when they were proven losers.

I think Sid has the track record, but calling McDavid a proven loser is stupid.

Reactions: 24 others

Laminator

May 25, 2014
I'll take the guy that has won 3 Stanley cups and is over a point per game player in the playoffs.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
let me know when Crosby does anything of note in the playoffs playing in the most high pressure and best hockey market in the world.

Didn't he once score a pretty big goal in Vancouver? I think there might have been some pressure on that team.

I am sure you will find some way to discount that though, too.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Just the other day Cullen was going about how much of a leader Sid is. Ask any past and current team mates and they'll all say the same.

Virtually every player says nice things about every other teammate, current and former.

There are major drawbacks to trashing any teammate. What are the benefits?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Virtually every player says nice things about every other teammate, current and former.

There are major drawbacks to trashing any teammate. What are the benefits?
What would be the benefit of lying about his leadership and personality? Why are half of your 6,000 posts about Crosby?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
McDavid is the better player than Crosby, but what difference of upside is actually there between the two? It's a proven commodity vs a guy who potentially could be better, but hasn't proven it in the playoffs yet. The safer answer here is Crosby, because McDavid's potential upside over Crosby isn't worth giving up the safety in knowing what Crosby will provide in the playoffs.

JMO but the chances that McDavid's talents would not translate to playoff hockey are practically zilch.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Sidney until Connor proves otherwise.

Sidney is still arguably the best player in the league.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It ingratiates a player to the franchise that is cutting his check.

You know, he'd still get paid even if he didn't say anything. It's not like Penguins ownership has a written clause in contracts that players must do an interview where they call Crosby a great leader or they don't get paid.

The lengths you'll go to discredit Crosby is frankly absurd at this point. Half the things you constantly bring up about him are flat out mad up.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Half the things you constantly bring up about him are flat out mad up.

You are free to quote whatever it is you think I made up. I am not one of these people who won't admit when I am wrong.

But before you do, know the things I brought up in this thread are on youtube.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You are free to quote whatever it is you think I made up.

But before you do, know the things I brought up in this thread are on youtube.

I mean, bad leader? Because some Youtube person said it it must be true, even though you don't believe it when people actually in the league say he is a good leader?

That's what I'm referring to. You'll take the word of some random dude on the internet ahead of players and coaches who have actually played with or against Crosby.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
even though you don't believe it when people actually in the league say he is a good leader?

That's what I'm referring to. You'll take the word of some random dude on the internet ahead of players and coaches who have actually played with or against Crosby.

Everyone says everyone is a good leader. Why on Earth would they say anything otherwise?

Ask a Capitals player about the leadership of Tom Wilson. They will gush about him, or anyone else for that matter.

I am not taking the word of anyone.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I mean, bad leader? Because some Youtube person said it it must be true...

BTW I never indicated I was taking the word of anyone.

I indicated some incidents that I think make the golden boy look bad - such as when he was visibly rattled against the Flyers in the playoffs, or when he snuck up behind Ryan O'Reilly and hit him in the nuts with his stick, or when he chewed out Dan Bylsma on the bench, or when he chewed out Mike Johnston on the bench.

Great leaders don't do those things.

Are you claiming these things did not happen?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Crosby is just a downright dominant two-way player right now and had 21 points in 12 playoff games last season and two consecutive Smythes before that. It would be tough not to choose him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad