Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid for the Stretch Run and Playoffs?

Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid for the Stretch Run and Playoffs?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
A bit similar to the Kucherov vs Crosby poll from a few days ago. McDavid is a center - and despite Kucherov's insane season, most still call him the best player in the game. But - he doesn't really have much playoff experience at the NHL level yet. So....

Starting today - you can add either Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid to your team for the bulk of the season + playoffs. Who do you add and why?

If your team is Edmonton and/or Pittsburgh - try to vote in a vacuum - or assume you get a clone of your player. Pick the best option - not just the other guy since you already have the first one. If you're out of the playoffs - you can pretend you make it/have a different team.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This should be McDavid easily. He is simply the better all around hockey player.

Sid will win though.

Sidney Crosby also carries some important qualities outside of on-ice play if you believe that. Leadership, etc. Easy to scoff at it but at this time of year i think that can count for a lot.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Sidney Crosby also carries some important qualities outside of on-ice play if you believe that. Leadership, etc. Easy to scoff at it but at this time of year i think that can count for a lot.

It is easy to scoff at.

Sid has done lots of things to indicate his leadership is garbage - like visibly chewing out multiple head coaches on the bench, offering fights on behalf of his teammates, pulling other player's hair (among other girly type antics), generational whining, and deliberately hitting a player in the testicles from behind with his stick.

I've never seen McDavid get rattled the way Sid does - like against the Flyers in the playoffs a few years back.

Admittedly I am not into intangibles type arguments, but if I was, I just can't see one for Sid's leadership.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
McDavid has 9 points in 13 playoff games.
Crosby has 185 points in 160 playoff games, 3 cups, and 2 Conn Smythes.

tenor.gif

McDavid hasn't proven himself not be to be just a regular season point collector. Until he can do what he does in the regular season in the playoffs, where every night the top teams are playing their best.... I'll take the proven playoff warrior.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
It is easy to scoff at.

Sid has done lots of things to indicate his leadership is garbage - like visibly chewing out multiple head coaches on the bench, offering fights on behalf of his teammates, pulling other player's hair (among other girly type antics), generational whining, and deliberately hitting a player in the testicles from behind with his stick.

I've never seen McDavid get rattled the way Sid does - like against the Flyers in the playoffs a few years back.

Admittedly I am not into intangibles type arguments, but if I was, I just can't see one for Sid's leadership.

Hi Ken Hitchcock! I see you're still not over that OT loss in 2006 when you were coaching the Flyers. :laugh:

Ever since the recent back-to-back Cups for Crosby, the HF hivemind seems to frown upon winning in favor of personal stats. Quite the 180 from when Toews won Cups.

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
Crosby's overall game is better suited for the playoffs, he has a proven track record of success and at this point in his career is still playing exceptional hockey.

This is more of a compliment for Crosby than it is a knock on McDavid, you really can't go wrong with either player.

My pick = Crosby

Reactions: daver

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Crosby is a proven playoff beast and has a better defensive game. McDavid isn't outscoring him by enough this year to offset the difference.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
It is easy to scoff at.

lmao your opinion on anything Crosby related is the most irrelevant thing on these board. Theres running memes about how biased you are. Just the other day Cullen was going about how much of a leader Sid is. Ask any past and current team mates and they'll all say the same.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
It is easy to scoff at.

Lol.

You’re serious.

LOL

Reactions: Beauner

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sid. His track record and current level of play speak for itself.

Relating to other certain posts in this thread.... Sidney Crosby is top 10 player of all-time, the best player of his genertion and one of the best humans you could ever care to meet.

And there's not a single thing this certain poster can say or do about it to make it untrue.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
finally a Crosby vs. McDavid poll Crosby can win

perfectly worded poll OP

What's wrong with the wording of the poll?

Same poll was made recently about Kucherov vs Crosby and Crosby won comfortably - i thought this could be a good discussion.

If you think Crosby should win - you clearly voted for the wrong guy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McDavid is the better player than Crosby, but what difference of upside is actually there between the two? It's a proven commodity vs a guy who potentially could be better, but hasn't proven it in the playoffs yet. The safer answer here is Crosby, because McDavid's potential upside over Crosby isn't worth giving up the safety in knowing what Crosby will provide in the playoffs.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
let me know when Crosby does anything of note in the playoffs playing in the most high pressure and best hockey market in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad