Should the Jets make a trade at the deadline or keep the roster as it is?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If the Jets want to make a serious push for the Cup then Copp - Lowry - Armia needs to be the 4th line when healthy. That means we need to pick up a good top 9 forward. I think that depends on what they think of Roslovic. Can he play center in the playoffs? If so you go after a good 2 way winger. If he can't you need to get a center. No issue with spending a 1st plus prospects for one.

On D pick up some depth that would bump Chiarot from #7. Ian Cole comes to mind.

Good post. I really don't want to spend a first on a pure rental. But I certainly would for a two year rental as I feel next year is our year. I still like Brassard at third line centre. Our lineup would be outstanding up and down.
Connor Scheif Wheels
Perreault Little Roslo
Laine Brassard Ehlers
Copp Lowry Armia/Tanev

Now we are looking at 4 lines that can match up well on the road especially at centre. That's what I think Chevy wants, is great centre depth to compete with teams like NSH on the road. Brassard should be worth a 1st plus Petan. Brassard was great in his three long playoff runs. Go get us a two year rental!

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I heard a very good case today for sending a first round pick for Pacioretty if there was salary retained (25%). It made sense when I heard it, but now I'm not so sure.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I heard a very good case today for sending a first round pick for Pacioretty if there was salary retained (25%). It made sense when I heard it, but now I'm not so sure.

I think LW is the least likely spot we add.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good post. I really don't want to spend a first on a pure rental. But I certainly would for a two year rental as I feel next year is our year. I still like Brassard at third line centre. Our lineup would be outstanding up and down.
Connor Scheif Wheels
Perreault Little Roslo
Laine Brassard Ehlers
Copp Lowry Armia/Tanev

Now we are looking at 4 lines that can match up well on the road especially at centre. That's what I think Chevy wants, is great centre depth to compete with teams like NSH on the road. Brassard should be worth a 1st plus Petan. Brassard was great in his three long playoff runs. Go get us a two year rental!
I think Brassard would cost us more than that. If that's all it took I'm in. Even a moderate add I still like it.

Reactions: GNP

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think Brassard would cost us more than that. If that's all it took I'm in. Even a moderate add I still like it.

Agreed

I seen yesterday the updated ask for him and it’s crazy.....way more then a late 1st & Petan.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
That will come down as we get closer to the deadline.
Or go up, price fluctuates as the market changes. If moves are made early then he could be come a piece a team pays a high amount for.

Curious as to why Brassard ( and others ) has constantly been mentioned by multiple sources and yet some say the Jets can't afford anything but a minor move. Harder to do, yes but if the player and acquisition cost is right I don't doubt the Jets would be able to make it work.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Or go up, price fluctuates as the market changes. If moves are made early then he could be come a piece a team pays a high amount for.

Curious as to why Brassard ( and others ) has constantly been mentioned by multiple sources and yet some say the Jets can't afford anything but a minor move. Harder to do, yes but if the player and acquisition cost is right I don't doubt the Jets would be able to make it work.
They got tons of options to make it work. It's a matter of what you want to give up for a rental. I say not much, don't wanna blow a first for Nash for example, unless it's of the two year variety then Im in.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I should add that some of the asks are absolutely outrageous and out to lunch, no way teams pay that, unless of course it's a few desperate ones like the Caps or Blues, but Jets aren't desperate.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
They got tons of options to make it work. It's a matter of what you want to give up for a rental. I say not much, don't wanna blow a first for Nash for example, unless it's of the two year variety then Im in.
I have said that the Jets could make a major move, not that they would. Some continually say it's not possible, which of course is different than not probable, and not correct.

Brassard, Hoffman etc aren't rentals though and virtually every hockey commentator has mentioned that Winnipeg has enquired about players with term and high cap implications. Again doesn't mean it will happen or that it would be an easy fit but to summarily dismiss the possibility of such a move is the easy way out.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I have said that the Jets could make a major move, not that they would. Some continually say it's not possible, which of course is different than not probable, and not correct.

Brassard, Hoffman etc aren't rentals though and virtually every hockey commentator has mentioned that Winnipeg has enquired about players with term and high cap implications. Again doesn't mean it will happen or that it would be an easy fit but to summarily dismiss the possibility of such a move is the easy way out.
Brassard makes sense though, Hoffman does not. One is signed for next year, and the other for two more years. Hoffman would hand cuff us cap wise, unless they trade for a guy like him and then trade him at the draft.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Brassard makes sense though, Hoffman does not. One is signed for next year, and the other for two more years. Hoffman would hand cuff us cap wise, unless they trade for a guy like him and then trade him at the draft.

Doesn't really mean that, moves can be made if or when needed. You could make room by the start of the 2019 season in various ways. Point is Hoffman and others are being mentioned by virtually every hockey guy in the media, from Bobby Mac to Ken Wiebe. So if they didn't have a plan to facilitate such a player/contract I'd be shocked.

Further to that, I realize being mentioned doesn't mean it is happening but the consistency from so many levels does indicate to me that they have explored such a move with purpose.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I don't consider a late 1st as being an overpay at this time. I agree that in a different time/team/ situation it would be but not for us right now. Prices are very high this TD. Pay it....we can afford it.
Don't give up a 1st for Plekanec. Chevy has hit a home run on every pick in the first. Give up a prospect and a lesser pick.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I just have this feeling that TNSE and Chevy are going all in, what transpires well your guesses are all good until we know what they are actually going to do...

Most interesting Trade Deadline so far in Jets 2.0...

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Fa-Shark if I know....

Go :jetsGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad