Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Wait what? The league suspended Kadri for his absolutely ludicrous hit on Wingels, not for running around like an idiot. I get where you're going with this post but there is absolutely nothing in the evidence provided by the OP that points to a Marchand suspension and heck, I'm not even a Bruins fan.
I'm a massive Leafs fan and found nothing even worth a major penalty. Let alone a suspension.

But we have several of these type posts every morning. One player skates near another and people freak out.

I have visions of these posters watching hockey from the 70's and 80's like Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Marchand is the best at making dirty plays look legit. The guy is such a *****e. He will get what’s coming to him sooner or later.

Is that the reason why he was completely a non factor last night and was more interested in going after Plekanec than playing hockey?

A 38 year old veteran, Plekanec and a 20 year old winger shut them down.

Every dog has its day.

Plekanec had one good game. After two more games he can do what he should have done two years ago in the absence of the $12 million gift the league's worst GM gave him. That is, retire.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm a massive Leafs fan and found nothing even worth a major penalty. Let alone a suspension.

But we have several of these type posts every morning. One player skates near another and people freak out.

I have visions of these posters watching hockey from the 70's and 80's like Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange.
You don’t see a whole lot of these theeads coming from Bruins posters

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Marchand has proven time and time again he has zero self control on the ice.

At worst its malicious, at best it's reckless.

I don't care how many times you suspend him, this guy just doesn't get it.

Reactions: marty111 and egd27

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
How does Kadri get suspended but not Marchand?

What is really going on in the NHL DOPS? Do we need see more emails?

Because Kadri's hit was dirty...these are just pest-like things. Annoying as hell, and if his tap to Andersen had been any harder, or if his two-hander connected with Rielly, there may have been a case, but nothing major here.

The collision with Johnsson really does look accidental and just unfortunate where it connected.

Reactions: jgatie

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Because Kadri's hit was dirty...these are just pest-like things. Annoying as hell, and if his tap to Andersen had been any harder, or if his two-hander connected with Rielly, there may have been a case, but nothing major here.

The collision with Johnsson really does look accidental and just unfortunate where it connected.

Butt end is extremely dirty.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Strunk and White called advising that you have misused the apostrophe.

Also, no suspension. Maybe a few penalties in there.
You, and Strunk and White, are absolutely correct. I should be suspended for two weeks.

Some of the delicate souls in this thread are stressed out enough as it is. For me to add to their troubles by thoughtless grammar is unacceptable. I apologize and will try to do beter (ha ha).

Reactions: 66871

May 17, 2009
Maine
You, and Strunk and White, are absolutely correct. I should be suspended for two weeks.

Some of the delicate souls in this thread are stressed out enough as it is. For me to add to their troubles by thoughtless grammar is unacceptable. I apologize and will try to do beter (ha ha).

I laughed.

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
Nothing suspension worthy, but I will say I think after this season regardless if he does something dangerous or dumb again. I think the league needs to sit him down and have the Matt Cooke talk with him, give him the warning to change his game up before someone else gets seriously hurt. And then if he does something dumb again give him a long suspension enough with the 5 game stuff for him.

Reactions: CrypTic

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Topics like these are useless. Rationality is absent on these forums. Furthermore, homerism is at an all time high.

Bruins fans are not calling foul here because its there own player. If this was a Leafs player or any team they were playing against, they'd be crying foul.

So remind me again what's the point of these topics?

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
But it was good to see that Marchand line frustrated. Credit to that Pleky line...hope they continue frustrating them in game 4. I suspect it'll only be a matter of time until Marchand does something stupid again. He was clearly not happy last night...maybe had something to do with Komorov not being on the ice. I hear Fins taste good.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Kadri vs Marchand is one for the ages. Epic battle between two complete rats. As long as nobody gets hurt I enjoy watching the both of them.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Kadri vs Marchand is one for the ages. Epic battle between two complete rats. As long as nobody gets hurt I enjoy watching the both of them.

Yup, they truely are two peas in a pod. As a fan of neither team, it’s funny to me reading posts from both fans groups about the other team guy and how they slam him as a terrible human being, suspend him, scum, dirt bag, etc. When in reality the two players are really interchangeable as far as their dirty play goes.....Brad is better at hockey but both are dirty players. Just funny seeing each fan base being so judgmental vs the other teams guy. Entertaining

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad