Should Bob Murray be fired?

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Name one GM in the NHL who is clearly worse than Murray.

Just one.

So there are 29 better. Yep that sounds pretty accurate.

It would be hard to find 10 better IMO. And dont just go by this offseason. Over the last 5 years.

Yzerman, Lombardi (although he has them in a terrible spot for the next few years), Shanahan is doing pretty good right now. Fill in the blanks.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Name one GM in the NHL who is clearly worse than Murray.

Just one.

In the past 4 seasons of the NHL, Bob Murray has been nominated as one of the best GMs in the sport 3 of those 4 years, winning it once and runner up twice. Name one GM in the NHL who has done that?

THREE OUT OF THE LAST FOUR SEASONS NOMINATED AS A TOP GM. Ducks fans: "worst GM in the sport". How clueless can you possibly be. Just stop. Please stop.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
In the past 4 seasons of the NHL, Bob Murray has been nominated as one of the best GMs in the sport 3 of those 4 years, winning it once and runner up twice. Name one GM in the NHL who has done that?

THREE OUT OF THE LAST FOUR SEASONS NOMINATED AS A TOP GM. Ducks fans: "worst GM in the sport". How clueless can you possibly be. Just stop. Please stop.

Calm down a notch, one person said that.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I would call Murray easily a top 10 GM, actually probably top 5. However, I would say the same thing about Bruce, in regards to coaches.

Just because a GM or coach is great, it doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't lose their job.

Murray should not be fired right now, but he should definitely be on the hot seat, and imo, if we miss the playoffs or lose before conference finals, he needs to go.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
BM has an affection to these kind of rugged veteran defensemen, like Souray, Allen, Bieksa, Stoner, Wiz, and he has been constantly overvaluing and overpaying for them, either by giving too much in trades or in terms of salary.

This has slowly but surely led us to the situation where we have so much salary tied into bottom pairing defensemen that we are struggling to fill the roster with NHL quality forwards. BM has been good in reacting when things don't work, but his hands are tied because of the contracts he signed.

Another thing I find annoying is his categorical disliking of Russian players. It seems silly to me if we are passing on players in the draft or the free agency, or not wanting to trade for someone, because of their nationality. We're essentially eliminating a very large section of potential players available for us, because BM has trust issues.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
BM has an affection to these kind of rugged veteran defensemen, like Souray, Allen, Bieksa, Stoner, Wiz, and he has been constantly overvaluing and overpaying for them, either by giving too much in trades or in terms of salary.

This has slowly but surely led us to the situation where we have so much salary tied into bottom pairing defensemen that we are struggling to fill the roster with NHL quality forwards. BM has been good in reacting when things don't work, but his hands are tied because of the contracts he signed.

Another thing I find annoying is his categorical disliking of Russian players. It seems silly to me if we are passing on players in the draft or the free agency, or not wanting to trade for someone, because of their nationality. We're essentially eliminating a very large section of potential players available for us, because BM has trust issues.

I don't think it's fair to put that on Murray, without knowing how our scouts feel. At least, not as far as the draft goes. Free agency is another matter, but we simply don't know if our amateur scouts are listing Russian players as the BPA, and Murray is skipping down to the next spot.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Name a country. Any country.

c2c1081f-36f7-4866-87a3-c40ae2ac58fa_text.gif

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Look at that price tag for Palmieri...

I'm not convinced that Palms will continue to be a 30 goal scorer. Regardless, that's a pretty sick deal for NJ. Well played by Shero.

It's not half bad for a 30 goal forward whose contract includes UFA years and who had arbitration rights.

Well at least we got a good replaceme....

Well at least we got a good package for hi.....

Well at least we don't need anymore winge.....

I got nothing.

Good for Palms and NJ fans though. I imagine he could have received more, but he's got it made playing for his hometown team in a predominant role. Happy for him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't anticipate him hitting 30 consistently but I do expect 20-25 and 50 points from him and that's a good price for that.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I think if you're being heavily relied on to score goals for the team, it inflates your numbers a wee bit. BUT, that being said, Palms looked very intense this past season with the Devils (I like to watch their games when we're not on), and I expect him to be good for 60 points once the team gets rolling.

Very happy for Palms and his contract.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Palms had to be traded because he would have been too expensive is an excuse Murray made up to justify moving him and shaking up roster after another game 7 meltdown.

Contending teams keep his kind of players for as long as possible, and move them, along with a cap dump, to releive some cap or in a larger package for an upgrade.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I don't anticipate him hitting 30 consistently but I do expect 20-25 and 50 points from him and that's a good price for that.

If he gets to play with Hall, I could see him hitting that mark fairly consistently.

I'm happy for Palms. Dumb trade aside, it's good to see a guy we drafted and developed doing well, and now he's in an excellent situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad