Speculation: Should Army trade away Jake Allen @ off-season?

Should Army trade away Allen at off-season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He sure didn't fix him last year lol. Even in the first half of the season, Allen was just ok. I noticed a few of his over commitment tendacies, and just chalked it up to early season rust. I'll be shocked if they dont bring in another coach or Marty take a bigger role with Allen

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I noticed that no one talked shit about about MAF while he was winning games, although, he looks very much like Allen in his movements. The truth is that goaltending is a crapshoot.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I noticed that no one talked **** about about MAF while he was winning games, although, he looks very much like Allen in his movements. The truth is that goaltending is a crapshoot.
But guys like Fleury and Holtby have actually proven they can be elite. Allen isn't near their level.

And if we are really talking about bringing in yet another coach for this headcase that's not good.....

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Jake for King Henrik? What else would have to go to NYR? I could get behind that if Tavares signs.

Can't imagine what the Rangers would take as a legit offer but if you expect to still sign JT, you'll need more salary going to NY than just Allen.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Can't imagine what the Rangers would take as a legit offer but if you expect to still sign JT, you'll need more salary going to NY than just Allen.

It's not going to happen, but we wouldn't really need to shed much more salary if the rumors of an $81 mil cap are accurate. Hank for Allen would increase our cap situation by $4.15 mil. That would leave us with a little under $15 mil to sign Tavares, extend Ed/Fabbri, sign a backup and fill one more roster spot. We'd have to move a little salary, but we have a few candidates that could be moved for a mid round pick in a separate deal.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Allen had a better year, statistically, than Lundqvist and Price.

He's undercontract and still relatively young, so I would stick with him another year. Is he inconsistent? Yes, but it seems to be the nature of the position.

The one factor that concerns me is what the players on the team think of him. Jake may have alienated them with his "staring down the defensemen after goals" routine.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Allen had a better year, statistically, than Lundqvist and Price.

He's undercontract and still relatively young, so I would stick with him another year. Is he inconsistent? Yes, but it seems to be the nature of the position.

The one factor that concerns me is what the players on the team think of him. Jake may have alienated them with his "staring down the defensemen after goals" routine.
Your comparing Allen to two former Vezina winners, one is over 35 and the other was playing through an injury all season. At the very least they've proven they can absolutely put a team on their shoulders.

This also isn't taking into account that the Blues were far superior to Montreal and New York as a defensive team.

The majority of Allens career has been mediocre and at 28 entering next season, he's not young.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah we really need to stop comparing him to goalies who are the best in the league and just has a down year. That’s so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad