Post-Game Talk: Shooting Stars, Jets win 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Too many people writing the Jets off as a team that will only be a bubble team to maybe make the playoffs. The Jets always had the talent but nobody good enough to Coach it. Maurice basically ran 2 lines heavy, and had Wheeler and Scheifele calling the shots. I don't think the players respected Maurice.

Bowness comes in and make a statement by taking the C away from Wheeler, and sending a message, it won't be business as usual. He also split up Wheeler and Scheifele, let the players know who's boss. Bowness has the respect of the players, and he's also well liked. He coached Dallas last year to a game 7 against the Flames, and was a big part in building the Stars into what they are today.

According to the announcer I was listening to while watching the game, Ehlers starts skating at the end of this week. Look out when he's back, as he's electric, and will score, and lead rushes.

Let's see, we beat the AVS ( Cup Champs) Beat unbeaten St.Louis, shut out the Hawks 4 zip, and now manhandled the Stars 5-1. How good is this team ? Well we have a Vezina winning Goalie, and some great scoring up front, so I say we can go to the Conference final, or maybe the Stanley Cup. We;'ll find out, but I would not be selling the Jets short.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Loved the effort tonight!

We played a high-tempo, smothering, attacking game, and didn't let up until about 10 minutes left. There are still some things to clean up here and there, but all in all, as others have stated that was the cleanest game we've played in years!

Not sure if Wheels has the, uh, wheels to play with Dubois and Perfetti on the second line though - the puck seems to be dying on his stick an awful lot as teams just swarm him and he can't skate his way out of trouble.

Also Bones seems to really be pushing DeMelo to try and be more offensive-minded, and you can tell he is really out of his element right now. Hope it pays off in the future, as it would be great to have him contribute with a goal or assist from time to time. He defensively has the tools.

Congrats to Big Sak on his first goal as a Jet! :cheers:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Bucky playing well this year. Could’ve had another shutout tonight if not for a fortuitous bounce for Dallas. Once we add Ehlers to this lineup, holy Moses

Hopefully the Jets are for real. Same personnel as last year, mostly, but the coaching staff seems to be making a difference

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
I'd love to give the Jets the credit, but I truly feel like it was a strong few of us idiots heckling Wedgewood that helped us get in his head to help the team win! Are the Jets a mirage or for real? I'm still skeptical but for the time being...guess crow is what's on the menu

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
4JkY.gif

We are in the lead!
xkUJo_.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Really good game. Quite enjoying AJF... he reminds me of a mini-Tanev with this speed and hustle out there. Very solid defensive effort. The only complaint I have is that they went a bit too much into their shell in the 3rd protecting the lead.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The Jets will win more than they lose if they put that kind of effort in consistently -
They've always had the skill - the missing part was on display tonight -
I get that systems, and structure play a significant role - but without the drive, it's mostly theory IMO.

This game was a blast to watch - high tempo going both ways with and without the puck - the Stars hated that game and I'm sure the Jets took note - they've been there many times and know how it feels.

Bones, keep them on message - that is how they need to play -
It's early but there's room for optimism now and I'm liking this Jets team and their potential.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well finally got a chance to watch the Jets play Ice hockey this season and that was unreal.

The tempo and intensity of the team was the best I have seen in a long long time.

Ok so if that is what Scheifele is playing like that is absolutley the opposite of the guy I watched last season. Mark looks like a totally new player. Love seeing him play a complete game at a much higher tempo.

JMo was playing the best I have seen him play.

Perfetti has arrived as far as his skating goes. He is going to be a special player.

Bottom six played so fast and intense. Honestly they looked so confident and dare I say dominant.

The only negative part is this type of game is so tough on the negative fans. Miserable night for the haters but pretty special day for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad