Post-Game Talk: Shooting Stars, Jets win 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Excellent game by the Jets.

Hellebuyck makes a key save on a breakaway.

Forwards backchecking.

Scheifele in Beast Mode.

They're starting to get it.

58vKNx.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another excellent game by the team, that's now 3 great games in a row.

Helle made the saves he needed to but otherwise had a pretty relaxing game tonight.

We have a number 1 dmen, JoMo is playing at an elite level both ways. Maybe Bowness's reputation as a defensman whisperer is well founded. Pionk with a pretty nice all around effort, good to see his game has quieted down a bit.

Dillion and Schmidt continue took good as a pairing, both did their jobs quite well tonight.

DeMelo and Samberg were the only pairing that imo was a bit off. Thought DeMelo was really off with his offensive decisions which killed plays. Samberg had issues with his puck management. I like Dylan but he's been up and down this year and there are a number of players that want that spot. He's going to have to tighten up and get consistient if he wants to keep it.

Top line. Appelton had easily his best game of the year. Scheifele and Conner were magic out there.

Second line: They played well early but kind of faded the back half of the game. I thought Blake rushed some plays late in the game and didn't have his head up as he had Cole or Dubois wide open on a couple of occasions.

Third line: Grinded Dallas's top line out of the game tonight. Job well done.

Fourth line played another strong game

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Stars played like garbagio but the Jets were full marks tonight. Just a huge effort from everyone. Scheifele looks rejuvenated under Bowness. Connor’s apple on the third goal was a thing of beauty.

Also wanted to give a shout-out to Axel F. He’s a forechecking extraordinaire and a great PKer. Pretty solid depth pickup for the low, low cost of nothing.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)

Helle made the saves he needed to but otherwise had a pretty relaxing game tonight.

We have a number 1 dmen, JoMo is playing at an elite level both ways. Maybe Bowness's reputation as a defensman whisperer is well founded. Pionk with a pretty nice all around effort, good to see his game has quieted down a bit.

Dillion and Schmidt continue took good as a pairing, both did their jobs quite well tonight.

DeMelo and Samberg were the only pairing that imo was a bit off. Thought DeMelo was really off with his offensive decisions which killed plays. Samberg had issues with his puck management. I like Dylan but he's been up and down this year and there are a number of players that want that spot. He's going to have to tighten up and get consistient if he wants to keep it.

Top line. Appelton had easily his best game of the year. Scheifele and Conner were magic out there.

Second line: They played well early but kind of faded the back half of the game. I thought Blake rushed some plays late in the game and didn't have his head up as he had Cole or Dubois wide open on a couple of occasions.

Excellent summary..
As a (retired) physio and trainer,
I would hope we can continue to keep shifts short like tonight, while coaches emphasize cardio in training and practices..if we do, I feel we can hold the west and go for a cup, especially if Ehlers can get himself fully fit..
It’s also good to think about a Full-on WhiteOut returning..😜
Also a good time to look outside the conference to what we can do with the East..would love to see a decisive whomping of FLA before the gloves come off for playoffs begin..
Wing Leader Bones has my undying respect..
GJG!

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Boys and girls what can you say, we're 1st in the Central and our coach is looking like a Jack Adams frontrunner.

I didn't like the 1st goal against after a dominant 1st period, but what a response. I like that coach stuck it out with Scheifele who probably cheated a bit defensively on that first goal, and he comes right back to put us on the board. From there it was a counterpunch.

Have to give a lot of credit to the way our defense is playing. When the Jets were a dominant team in 2018 and 2019 it came from the defense, and now we're seeing a defense that isn't afraid to attack, get below the faceoff circles to generate offense, with strong forward support, which was something that was inconceivable in the past few seasons. The strong puck movement from our defense was on display tonight. The Dillon-Schmidt pairing is solidifying their roles as a solid 2nd pairing and they deserve a lot of credit for tonight's success. I know some people don't like fighting but Dillon's scrap was a boost for this team, and that was a heckuva a tilt.

The return of Ehlers is only going to make this team better. I hope the team keeps playing this way on their Western road trip, this has been a stretch of games which are solidifying the Jets as a legitimate team.

Nice touch with the Filipino heritage tonight, with Bettman in the house.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

This game could have broken open earlier in my opinion but there was 3 straight back hand moves in tight which weren't very effective. Good assessment sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad