Online Series: Shogun (D+ and FX Feb 2024)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
In reality, the Taiko's son grew up eventually and some shit goes down.
I got the first few plot points of next season:

Taiko's son gets his swords for the first time. Widow's Wail he calls it. He gets betrothed to a sweet young lady named Sakura-sansa . Cut to dark room where the Taiko's son whispers to robed man, "Bring me his head". Toranaga arrives in the city and Taiko's son welcomes him. The son steps walks to the throne, turns back, and points to Toranaga "it's my Name Day, kneel before your King."

Shogoon Season 2 title screen begins

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It would've been cool to see Toranaga fight Ishido. I thought we saw a clip in a show trailer of the two of them fighting? I could be misremembering. I get the ending, I didn't need a huge battle as a finale but one more episode basically with the Heir acknowledging Toranaga and denouncing Ishido, with Toranaga in the capital taking power would've been much more satisfying.

Very fun show. The tonal shift from the first 3 episodes still shook me a little bit but overall I really enjoyed everything else about it. I definitely don't think the series needs a season 2 and honestly that's really refreshing to not see the series be milked for extra content unnecessarily.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Honestly, the way the series ended there is going to be another season

They cannot end a 10 episode miniseries like that, and the hype and fanfare is just too much

Too many unanswered questions they could easily flesh out into a season. Such as
How did Blackthorn get home, how did he get those swords

I hope they dont do another season. They told the story. We know who wins. More importantly, we finally know who Toranaga is, which was the overarching question through the series. End on a good note and let's hope the directors find another project that's just as great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad