Prospect Info: SHL champion Elias Pettersson | SHL scoring champion, playoff MVP, WC gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Erik Karlsson. The memories of the 2008 draft abound. With the 10th overall pick Vancouver selects Cody Hodgson. With the 15th overall pick Ottawa selects Erik Karlsson. What could have been

Or remember 1998 when we selected Bryan Allen 4th and Pavel Datsyuk went 171st?

What could have been...

Reactions: Snow Horvat

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Erik Karlsson. The memories of the 2008 draft abound. With the 10th overall pick Vancouver selects Cody Hodgson. With the 15th overall pick Ottawa selects Erik Karlsson. What could have been
You miss the part where Hodgson was a still an amazing blue chip prospect and 13 other teams passed on Karlsson orrrrr

Reactions: Jyrki21

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You miss the part where Hodgson was a still an amazing blue chip prospect and 13 other teams passed on Karlsson orrrrr

Don’t play the game. Everyone else is aware Karlsson was ranked nowhere where we were picking and that even Ottawa was criticized for reaching for Karlsson at 15. The Benning v Gillis thread just got shuttered and he’s looking for a new bridge to park under.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018

Hey it is what it is. With Bourdon passing a month earlier, a 23 year old centre in Kesler and a 27 year old HENRIK as your top 2 centres, with TYLER Myers and Erik Karlsson sitting right there drafting the horrid skating Hodgson was a brilliant choice

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Hey it is what it is. With Bourdon passing a month earlier, a 23 year old centre in Kesler and a 27 year old HENRIK as your top 2 centres, with TYLER Myers and Erik Karlsson sitting right there drafting the horrid skating Hodgson was a brilliant choice
jeusus christ what a pathetic opinion lmao

This is what you made a gimmick account on here for? yikes

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Don’t play the game. Everyone else is aware Karlsson was ranked nowhere where we were picking and that even Ottawa was criticized for reaching for Karlsson at 15. The Benning v Gillis thread just got shuttered and he’s looking for a new bridge to park under.

Hey I know I hate Gillis love Benning, I didn't squat with the pick either to be honest, like how picking Virtanen wasn't an across the board bad choice with the masses at the time of the draft either.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hey I know I hate Gillis love Benning, I didn't squat with the pick either to be honest, like how picking Virtanen wasn't an across the board bad choice with the masses at the time of the draft either.

Though I know this will be dismissed out of hand I’ll just point out that there’s a *bit* of a difference between passing on Nylander and Ehlers for Virtanen and passing on Karlsson for Hodgson.

But we both know you’ll ignore that difference so by all means, carry on.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Though I know this will be dismissed out of hand I’ll just point out that there’s a *bit* of a difference between passing on Nylander and Ehlers for Virtanen and passing on Karlsson for Hodgson.

But we both know you’ll ignore that difference so by all means, carry on.

Like I said at the time of the draft an apocalyptical event didn't occur when we selected Virtanen. Unless I missed out on it?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
^^^Abstract thinking clashing with concrete thinking^^^

I just have no idea how that comparison makes any sense since all they really have in common is that they're good at hockey.

Might as well call him a forward version of Ed Belfour while we're at it.

TLDR; Comparing players of different positions is weird and pointless the vast majority of the time.

Reactions: Index

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I just have no idea how that comparison makes any sense since all they really have in common is that they're good at hockey.
I'm pretty sure he just means, "Guy outside the CHL who everyone knew was pretty good at the time of the draft, but still surprises everyone nonetheless by rising above and beyond his draft class not long after the draft."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad