Series Talk: Sheldon Keefe: in memoriam

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
He has gotten out coached in all the series he's been in (including last one vs Tampa). Truly awful.
The one that bugs me the most is getting out-coached by Ducharme in the Montreal series, truly unforgivable

I can't see Keefe being fired as long as Dubas remains GM.
To me Dubas' fate lies with his decision on Keefe. If he's unwilling to fire the coach I consider all the good things he's done (drafting, trades, cap manipulation) completely irrelevant and he's gotta go too.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Keefer you need to change things up HUGE and do things different in game 4 .. same old same old will be another loss

Kerfoot Lafferty Willy (play them every 2 or 3 shifts)
JT Matty Mitch (play them on offensive zone faceoffs)
Reese ROR Acciari (play grit grinder up boards and out for their shift)

Kampf to sub in here and there when guys get tired

Keep Wayner on bench for an energy shift here and there so Cats don't get aggressive with Willy

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Is it the coach? Or the players. We are on coach #2 with this core. Changed the assistants. Changed the support staff. Changed the bottom 6. Changed the defense. Changed the goaltending.

It's the core lol.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I mean, you would've had to learn zero lessons from the toxicity of the Babcock era to think that Quenneville would be a good idea here.

Get a veteran coach that will actually earn their respect.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The one that bugs me the most is getting out-coached by Ducharme in the Montreal series, truly unforgivable

To me Dubas' fate lies with his decision on Keefe. If he's unwilling to fire the coach I consider all the good things he's done (drafting, trades, cap manipulation) completely irrelevant and he's gotta go too.
That's fair. The notion just seems far-fetched to me because the two have been so closely aligned for so long (OHL, AHL, NHL).

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
claude-julien.gif

• Haha
Reactions: um

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
God help the team that hires this clown based on his W-L record.
Keefe is the NHL version of Mike Budenholzer, except even Bud could ride his MVP player's success to a championship.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If you're Keefe what do you really have to lose at this point?

I really hope we see the unfiltered version of Keefe for as long as the rest of this series lasts. PLEASE Keefe go into the media and put this core ON BLAST. You've been way too nice to these entitled f***s your entire time here and they're basically playing you out of your job. Demote Mitch and/or Matthews to the 3rd and 4th lines.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Assuming Dubas takes that job...and is permitted to hire Keefe. We're not exactly there yet.
Sullivan is signed for 5 years in Pittsburgh
Unless dubas can talk some loser owner into trading sullivan for Keefe

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If you're Keefe what do you really have to lose at this point?

I really hope we see the unfiltered version of Keefe for as long as the rest of this series lasts. PLEASE Keefe go into the media and put this core ON BLAST. You've been way too nice to these entitled f***s your entire time here and they're basically playing you out of your job. Demote Mitch and/or Matthews to the 3rd and 4th lines.
He probably can't afford to screw up his severance package .. he needs da $$$ as this will likely be his last job in hockey

Reactions: supermann_98

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Keefe’s complete lack of adjustments in playoff games/series is baffling. He’s not a good coach at all, gets owned every year. No point in having home ice when you’re constantly putting the 4th line out on the ice, and when he does put out the big line they don’t show up to play, so he also lacks motivational skills. He’s just super lucky that his regular season record is as good as it is being gift wrapped a talented team. He would get buried with a rebuilding team.

Mopar

May 3, 2021
It's May and he doesn't know what his best lineup is or what his best line combinations are. Absolute joke.

He received praise here for going 11-7 to finish the regular season under the guise of "experimenting" with forward lines and D pairings. Reality is he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Dubas is the General Manager, not the "Player Acquirer". Manage your f***ing team. Have some input on what your coaching staff is doing if it's not producing results. If he's incapable of seeing how poorly this coaching staff has handled this roster then he obviously isn't very good at his job either.

The Holl statistics for last series will be the joke of the league for quite some time. On the ice for over 70 percent of the team's goals against and he keeps getting dressed and getting important minutes. There's more issues that just Holl but I'm highlighting it because it's so obvious how bad that lineup decision alone hurt this team for over an entire season and multiple playoff series.

I can't understand how fans can see these issues and critique them but paid professionals appear to be completely oblivious to it.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
I think Keefe floats around the league like Eakins has for awhile. He's popular with young players so rebuilding teams may go for him.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Go after Gallant
Yes, the guy whos been fired from 3 good teams in a row. It would be 4 with us.

Its either Quenville or Cooper if he wants a change of scenery.

Anyway, its not coaching. Its the core.

Reactions: Kanu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad