Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
All I want to know is, where do we meet up for a celebration upon Keefe's firing?
Loose Moose? Real Sports? Hooters?

Discuss and please ensure there is respect in the handshake line

1712261782863.png

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He will be back next season, book it. Doesn’t matter what happens in the playoffs at all.
Agreed. He'll be around until another top coach becomes available. Tre also gets another year continue adding toughness throughout the lineup.

Reactions: TMLife17

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I think the only guy who doesn’t want Keefe to be fired as badly as Keefe is Sullivan in Pittsburgh.

I have a hunch that if Keefe is fired this offseason, Sullivan will be summarily dismissed so that Keefe can be reunited with Dubas and Spezza in Pittsburgh.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The time has come for him to go. It was kind of Dubas to give him a shot at the NHL level.
It hasn't worked out.
It might not work out for the next coach, but it's still time for Keefe to go, because:

You can't change the players (very much), but you can change the coach.

When a suitable successor comes available, cough,
Joel Quenneville
, cough.

We need to pull the trigger.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The time has come for him to go. It was kind of Dubas to give him a shot at the NHL level.
It hasn't worked out.
It might not work out for the next coach, but it's still time for Keefe to go, because:

Joel Quenneville
, cough.

Q 100%

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Agreed. He'll be around until another top coach becomes available. Tre also gets another year continue adding toughness throughout the lineup.

This theory that you get extra time/ crack at it by not bringing in your own guy is strange. Its not true at all. Management can dump any of them at any time if they want and if that is actually policy, they are among the dumbest organizations in the world.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
The sign of a together team, almost always a winning team, but certainly a well coached team is Penalty Killing. It takes dedication, formation, courage, desire, some skill and pride.
Enough said about our situation. Buck stops with Keefe.
PK in hockey, are the eyes to the soul of the team.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Not a fan of Keefe. This team wins despite him.

He must be doing what his boss wants. He was extended.

My guess. He only loses his job if the Leafs don't go deep enough in the playoffs. Deep enough is whatever his bosses decide of course.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I think I am still a bit blown away that injuries were what finally created a 3 line (Tavares dropping down to 3C) team. Yeah it's a 4 line team, but you know what I mean. The fact that Keefe was forced to spread out the offence, and then finally discovered that he could spread out the offence.

I do think that Keefe will go back to loading up two top lines thus attributing regular season success to something like "adversity and maturity is what brought this team together.".

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
It's crazy to me that some of the best draft luck in the teams history was ruined with losers like Dubas and Keefe. Shanahan needs to follow Keefe out the door for the costly decision of keeping those two.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
When u dont want home advantage, because of the coach...

But the thing is, he is not alone out there, Why TF aint anyone saying "Emperor i found your clothes in the lookerroom, put them on!" Because he sure aint fooling the fans. The ones around him must me blinder then newborn bats, or so good at being incompetent that someone decided it should be a profession.

• Haha
Reactions: thewave

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Listen, they could put Yosemite Vader in there and nothing would

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
It hasn't worked out.

Joel Quenneville
, cough.

I don't think they pull the trigger on Q, too much baggage. Berube is still out there though...:sarcasm:

Reactions: Killswitch

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
He'll be here until the end of time. I'm 100% convinced of it at this point.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I think the only guy who doesn’t want Keefe to be fired as badly as Keefe is Sullivan in Pittsburgh.

I have a hunch that if Keefe is fired this offseason, Sullivan will be summarily dismissed so that Keefe can be reunited with Dubas and Spezza in Pittsburgh.
Thats an absolute guarantee, the second Keefe gets fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad