Post-Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche defeat the Winnipeg Jets, 4-1

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Bones’ presser basically confirmed what everyone who watch the series thought - this was not the same Avs team they saw in the regular season. He talked a lot about the Avs intensity being on another level compared to what they’d seen before. He even referred to it as the Avs flipping a switch
Yup, and that's what separates the contenders from the pretenders. Real contenders know the regular season is meaningless so long as you make it to the dance

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really reminded me of that 2019 Calgary-Colorado series. Least the Flames shut em out in game 1 :laugh: and they had Mike Smith not the likely Vezina winner

Jets needed to find a way to slow the Avs down through the NZ and they couldn't. Really they needed to slow down the game in every zone. I didn't mind the Monahan pickup for them but then to get Toffoli too, that's just a lot of 1 dimensional slow players in your top 6. I don't think I can put this on Hellebuyck but he needed to be great for the Jets to have a good chance in this series and he simply wasn't.

To me this was just a matter of Winnipeg's core just not being up to par.
MacK > Scheif
Rantanen > Connor
Makar > Morrissey

then the secondary big pieces were also outperformed
Nuke > Ehlers
Mittlestadt > Monahan/Toffoli/Vilardi
Toews > ???? I have no idea who the Jets 2nd best dman is supposed to be? Pionk?

What happened to the Jets defenseman in this series? As a group going in to the playoffs they looked as solid as any teams but they were awful. I didn’t see that coming. Helleybuck is going to take the heat for this loss and while he deserves some for his play I think even more of the blame falls on those guys.

I don't see it. Morrissey is a solid offensive #1 but after that it's bunch of fairly average 2nd pairing guys.

Reactions: S E P H and olli

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Trading a first for Monahan LOL.
Monahan did not play well in the playoffs but there’s like an 80% chance that that low first turns into a bottom 6 player at best. As a jets fan would rather give up a first for Monahan than what Van gave up for Lindholm who hasn’t been better than Monahan apart from the OT winner.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Monahan did not play well in the playoffs but there’s like an 80% chance that that low first turns into a bottom 6 player at best. As a jets fan would rather give up a first for Monahan than what Van gave up for Lindholm who hasn’t been better than Monahan apart from the OT winner.
On one hand a late first has very little % chance of being an NHL player.

On the other hand Sean Monahan has a 100% chance of being Sean Monahan.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I figured Colorado would take this series, but I thought the goalie matchup would allow the Jets to steal another game or two. Congrats to the Avs, they should get a nice little rest now.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I figured Colorado would take this series, but I thought the goalie matchup would allow the Jets to steal another game or two. Congrats to the Avs, they should get a nice little rest now.
It's hilarious because goaltending did steal game 1 for the Jets, just not in the exact way everyone was thinking

Reactions: GeoRox89

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Man the Jets shit the bed.

Oof.

wtf happened? Extremely disappointing as an outsider. Goaltending was trash.

Yes, the Avs are a great team. So GGs to them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
2 separate plays. Namestnikov got hit in the cheek by a deflected puck. Dillon got his hand cut by a skate during the end of game scrum in g4
I saw the Dillon video. Didn’t see a skate or anything. It’s like he went down to the ground and up then he was bleeding like crazy. I wondered if an angle showed the actual skate that cut him, cause I couldn’t see it in the broadcast video.’

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I saw the Dillon video. Didn’t see a skate or anything. It’s like he went down to the ground and up then he was bleeding like crazy. I wondered if an angle showed the actual skate that cut him, cause I couldn’t see it in the broadcast video.’
I didn't see it specifically either (a good thing imo)

My thought is that his hand got stepped on as he/Duhaime/the ref were entangled and shifting around

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I didn't see it specifically either (a good thing imo)

My thought is that his hand got stepped on as he/Duhaime/the ref were entangled and shifting around
Damn. I need to find out who so I can call you guys the Cutalanche. Oh well.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well it was definitely either Duhaime or the ref's skate that did it. Nobody else was all that close. It had to have happened really fast because it seemed like Dillon hardly noticed it
It’s on my radar. Keep your blades to yourself Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad