Value of: Shea Weber to TOR

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
The trade would look quite ugly.

TOR- Nathan Horton, Soshinikov, and a 2018 1st
MTL- Shea Weber

Just so the Leafs won't have that Horton's cap hit, and the Habs will have a cap hit if they plan on rebuilding. But if I'm a Leafs fan I wouldn't go for Weber. That contract will haunt them in the future.
That's actually more than a fair offer.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Lol what an amazing level of hypocrisy you just displayed. Take your own damn advice :laugh:

Lol? I didn't make an offer in which I was insulted by the response, and my retort wasn't close to having the same malicious intent yours did. It was a form of mockery.

You're only just proving my point, you do realize that?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We can't fit him.....and we don't want him with that deal, unless Montreal retains a bit on it, and especially on the last few years. Which subsequently, makes little sense for Montreal.

He's kind of the "old age" defenseman....he can't move the puck at all. I'm not sure he's actually that great. He might make more sense on Buffalo (especially) or Edmonton....not the Leafs.

Edmonton doesn’t want Weber either. His contract is brutal. Subban for Weber is going to look like the worst trade in the last 10 years when Weber falls off a cliff

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Right. And his last big bonus of 8 milion was paid last July by the Habs. He is now very affordable. His salary will be around 6 milion next season. Leafs are super rich anyway... And we know that Babcock loves him. He loves Price too....

Marmer + next year Leafs 1st draft pick would be enough for Weber.

Gee...would it? Are you sure??

Go away.

Reactions: realgoodleafs

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lol? I didn't make an offer in which I was insulted by the response, and my retort wasn't close to having the same malicious intent yours did. It was a form of mockery.

You're only just proving my point, you do realize that?

How was I insulted? What I stated was just plain facts. You being offended by it doesn't make it some insult. I'm not angry or insulted at all, It's you who's getting all salty about it because you got offended - not my problem. You are proving your point by being an example of what you were saying I was doing. Keep making a fool of yourself though :laugh::popcorn:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Bergevin would never trade Weber unless it was a steal of a package. People already question whether he was ripped off in Subban for Weber. If he makes another lateral trade that might be slightly considered a loss in value, suddenly Subban was lost for nothing. His ass is already in the hot seat as is. Another perceived lost trade is an instant canning.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
How was I insulted? What I stated was just plain facts. You being offended by it doesn't make it some insult. I'm not angry or insulted at all, It's you who's getting all salty about it because you got offended - not my problem. You are proving your point by being an example of what you were saying I was doing. Keep making a fool of yourself though :laugh::popcorn:

Oh, so you're saying it was a coincidence you took a shot at the Leafs when you yourself quoted my post saying no to your deal, and you weren't offended at all? Do you periodically trash other teams you make offers about but people reject as well?

You were insulted I said no, and responded with a shot at the Leafs. Why are you doubling down on a point that is very obviously so wrong?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Oh, so you're saying it was a coincidence you took a shot at the Leafs when you yourself quoted my post saying no to your deal, and you weren't offended at all? Do you periodically trash other teams you make offers about but people reject as well?

You were insulted I said no, and responded with a shot at the Leafs. Why are you doubling down on a point that is very obviously so wrong?

It wasn't a shot at the Leafs, it's a fact. You can spin up whatever narrative you want, and tell yourself I'm wrong, or I was the one who was offended. It makes no difference. You should probably just delete your posts in this thread, they make you look like a fool - a hypersensitive, salty one at that.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
It wasn't a shot at the Leafs, it's a fact. You can spin up whatever narrative you want, and tell yourself I'm wrong, or I was the one who was offended. It makes no difference. You should probably just delete your posts in this thread, they make you look like a fool - a hypersensitive, salty one at that.

A fact doesn't mean it's not a shot at the Leafs. I could say "lol the Habs are doing garbage this year" too if a Habs fan rejected my offer for their players, and it's a shot at the Habs. Why? Because the post is aptly timed to "coincidentally" be when a Habs fan rejected an offer I felt was fair. A "shot at a team" isn't necessarily something that's fake, it's a shot when you're upset by a post and feel the need to respond by talking smack about the other team you made an offer to.

You're using "well, it's a fact!" to cover up your steps so that you don't look petty about someone disagreeing with you.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
A fact doesn't mean it's not a shot at the Leafs. I could say "lol the Habs are doing garbage this year" too if a Habs fan rejected my offer for their players, and it's a shot at the Habs. Why? Because the post is aptly timed to "coincidentally" be when a Habs fan rejected an offer I felt was fair. A "shot at a team" isn't necessarily something that's fake, it's a shot when you're upset by a post and feel the need to respond by talking smack about the other team you made an offer to.

You're using "well, it's a fact!" to cover up your steps so that you don't look petty about someone disagreeing with you.

And you did, to which I responded by also acknowledging as a fact. Like I said, you being offended by the facts is not my problem. I'm fine with you disagreeing with me; doesn't mean I won't speak my mind though. If you have a problem with that then like I said, take your own advice from earlier.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Short cuts are what brought the leafs to their knees in the first place which prompted the current rebuild.

I don't see them moving young players for older players at this time, in a couple more seasons it may become beneficial.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Right. And his last big bonus of 8 milion was paid last July by the Habs. He is now very affordable. His salary will be around 6 milion next season. Leafs are super rich anyway... And we know that Babcock loves him. He loves Price too....

remove marner, add marleau possibly.

leafs arent giving up any of the big 3 for weber, let alone adding a 1st

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Doesn't matter about bonuses or front loaded contracts......it's about the cap hit. Welcome to the new NHL Don't you know how the salary cap works?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I'll bet it is but it's not going to happen. That's terrible for us. Maybe you could throw in Owen Nolan with that like the old days trades we used to make. If you still had Subban we could talk but hard pass.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Habs would have to retain, big-time. 50%?

I think some Habs fans don't understand that money means nothing to the Leafs, but cap-space is everything. The Leafs would gladly pay Weber over his cap-hit, but not the other way around.

There is room on the Leafs roster, but not under their cap.

No deal.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
He's not an elite defenceman anymore, and he isn't worth one of Marner or Nylander in my eyes. Try selling him elsewhere. He's not a good skater and won't age well. I want nothing to do with that contract, he is getting paid on prior production. Unlike your gm, hopefully our's isn't stupid enough to trade a player entering his prime from one exiting his.

f***ing savage lol

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Only way it could ever make sense for Toronto is if Montreal retains at least $2 M.

At $5.5 per you'd have to think about it. His age and speed would worry me but if you knew for the next 5 years you could move forward with:

Rielly-Weber
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Dermott-Liljegren

it would bear thinking about.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
As good as Weber is (during regular season at least), it'd be a dumb move for the Leafs to add an aging defenseman at that cap hit and contract length.

Let's just wait for Liljegren and Rasanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00