Value of: Shea Theodore

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
for Theodore?
thats way too much.

I quoted the Theodore+Montador+1st for Stepan trade an ANA fan put forward.

I suggested Kadri+Leivo/Leipisic+2nd, though id change it to swapping 1sts.

So Theo+Mont+2018 swap option
for
Kadri+Leivo/Leips + 2018 1st swap option (Ana can swap picks in 2018 or 2019, top 5 protected)

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

for
Kadri+Leivo/Leips + 2018 1st swap option (Ana can swap picks in 2018 or 2019, top 5 protected)

I still say no. Rather keep the expansion exempt defenseman when we would still have to move a D or risk losing one to Vegas. The deal just doesn't make sense for us.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

for

if both theo and monty were being traded to TOR. you best believe marner/nylander are coming back lmao

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada

for

Can you provide the reasoning on why we would trade two ELC defensemen who are expansion exempt for the package you are offering? We are already losing one of Vatanen/Fowler; so who is replacing Vatanen/Fowler if we trade Theo and Montour?

I don't see where Kadri fits in our lineup and Leivo/Leipsic does nothing to help replace the young talent on defense that we drafted and will lose in this trade?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yea that's prob what I would look at, no interest in jvr... I think theo and kapanen are fairly close in value... as a starting point I like theo for kapanen tho.

If I were trading Theodore to Toronto I'd be looking at Kapanen to be honest. Not saying 1 for 1 necessarily but something around those two. But that's just me.

I tried to grab Stoner to help balance this out a bit more, I understand the interest in Kapanen but ehhhh I dunno.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I tried to grab Stoner to help balance this out a bit more, I understand the interest in Kapanen but ehhhh I dunno.

"Balance" has become a catch word thrown around to put together trades that get more, while giving less.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
"Balance" has become a catch word thrown around to put together trades that get more, while giving less.

Stoner isn't exactly the blueline upgrade I had in mind this summer but I understand that you need 2 parties to make a deal.

So far the counter has been Kapanen. I understand that.

Is there any (other) alterations you can think of based around my original proposal idea?

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Stoner isn't exactly the blueline upgrade I had in mind this summer but I understand that you need 2 parties to make a deal.

So far the counter has been Kapanen. I understand that.

Is there any (other) alterations you can think of based around my original proposal idea?

To be honest not many Ducks fans are interested in JVR, and I'd rather keep Theodore and see how he progresses than have Marincin/Marchenko. I have nothing against Marincin/Marchenko but I don't see why I would rather them over Theodore?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
wait, you don't understand salary cap, team needs nor ELC. "Thats" not surprising.

I am fully aware of those things, however at the time of the post the original context of that discussion wasn't evident. So it appeared as though some Ana fans were saying no to a Kadri++ deal for Theodore. Cap/needs or not you make a deal 10/10 times where you win the value this much.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I am fully aware of those things, however at the time of the post the original context of that discussion wasn't evident. So it appeared as though some Ana fans were saying no to a Kadri++ deal for Theodore. Cap/needs or not you make a deal 10/10 times where you win the value this much.
Maybe to trade kadri, but for nothing else. He is not close to Kesler as #2C.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

You don't actually take that trade when it hurts your defense that much and adds a player you just don't need.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

With all due respect, I think the issue here is that you were in such a rush to scoff at the proposal, and the subsequent denial, that you didn't bother to read the post that was being quoted.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The only way I trade a defenseman as young and talented as Theodore is if I'm getting a surefire top 6 player that has the potential to be a top liner at some point.

We've put a lot of effort into developing these young defensemen we are not going to dump them for a team dealing off the bottom of the deck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Any trade involving a young dmen for jvr has to take stoner back either way... the cap situation wouldn't work if you don't take money back so its more of a forced "balance".

I just cant see us trading theo/Montour/Larsson for anything less then a cap controlled good forward, jvr wont be resigned in Anaheim no way we can afford him that off season.

Kapanen is the main guy id want, and I think anything less would likely be out bid on if he was made available

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
With all due respect, I think the issue here is that you were in such a rush to scoff at the proposal, and the subsequent denial, that you didn't bother to read the post that was being quoted.

pretty much nails it :laugh:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Theodore, Mountour and 2018 Duck 1st
for
Stepan
reasonable cap dump is acceptable for balance of 6.5 vs 2 ELCs

So we trade 2 expansion exempt defenseman and a 1st for a expensive center that we don't need. We have no cap dump that is so bad that we would ever in a million years consider making a trade like this. For the love of hockey think about a team other then the Rangers before post such trash.

JVR
Marincin/Marchenko

for

Stoner
Theodore
2nd

?

And again another JVR to Anaheim post god damn when will they stop?

for

That wasn't a Ducks fan posting for us to make that trade it was a crazy Rangers fan. We are not trading away Montour and Theodore I don't think we will even trade 1 of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad