Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Theodore, Mountour and 2018 Duck 1st
for
Stepan
reasonable cap dump is acceptable for balance of 6.5 vs 2 ELCs

Wtf is this... hes not evena 60 point player and were trading 2 top notch d ptospects and a 1st.... why did you even think that was close... go put yourself in timeout for such an awful proposal

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
for
Stepan

I couldn't possibly think of an idea more opposite of what Anaheim should be looking to do. Absolutely terrible.

Lol love the sarcasm here

Hell no. Why are we trading so much for someone who'd be our no. 3 center?

Montour is going nowhere.

Absolute hell no from Anaheim. We do nothing to help our expansion draft problem (and actually make it worse by trading Vatanen's likely replacement; not to mention someone who has mightily impressed so far), we have absolutely no need for Stepan, and we're massively overpaying to boot.

Wtf is this... hes not evena 60 point player and were trading 2 top notch d ptospects and a 1st.... why did you even think that was close... go put yourself in timeout for such an awful proposal

I am not saying this is the best deal for Ducks.
Off the top of my head I can't think of a match NY would do more amenable to Ana.

Theodore is devalued temporarily, Montour, nice, but establishing value.

Stepan is a proven 2 way commodity, routinely 50-60 pt a season.

I have been pushing to move Stepan for years, but it was not to give him the bum's rush. I just think he is worth more to NY in repurposed talent and cap

Right now, today, Stepan who is 26, is surplus
thinking ahead, Getz is getting older/more expensive, as is Kesler, who is shockingly durable given his injury history

Right now, C does not have to be addressed.
But it could be shrewd to lock into Stepan at 4 yrs now and get ahead of the curve

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
for
Stepan

hahah..

I wouldn't even trade one of Theo or Montour straight up for him at that cap hit, let alone both AND a 1st??? good lord

Montour is top 4 already with Lindholm and are an unbelievable pairing. I cant even imagine what it would cost NYR just to get him

Last edited:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Montour is playing like a veteran top 4 D in the playoffs while only having 27 games of NHL experience going in. If any GM calls up Anaheim and thinks they'll get Montour for less because he's 'establishing value' they'll be laughed at and then hung up on.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Off the top of my head I can't think of a match NY would do more amenable to Ana.

I have been pushing to move Stepan for years, but it was not to give him the bum's rush. I just think he is worth more to NY in repurposed talent and cap

thinking ahead, Getz is getting older/more expensive, as is Kesler, who is shockingly durable given his injury history

But it could be shrewd to lock into Stepan at 4 yrs now and get ahead of the curve

Mmmmm still doesn't justify us moving our top 2 defense prospects on ELCs and expansion draft exempt and who are our replacements for Vatanen/Fowler (if we are unable to resign Fowler).... I'd rather put Rakell at Center and Getz/Kes aren't going anywhere soon.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Ducks would never trade those 2 ELC prospects for a center like Stepan - no matter what the cap dump is. Also our top centers getting older can be fixed from within the organization with guys like Sam Steel.
Having a nearly 30 year old UFA Stepan in 4 years when Getzlaf and Kesler probably hit a wall helps Ducks how exactly?
Easy no. Not even close.

Oct 18, 2011

Just go back to the drawing board Bernie, you can't sell us on this.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

No one is buying what you're trying to sell. You're also trying to take 2 expansion draft exempt Ds when we are going to lose a D from the draft already. So you're idea is even worse.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
No one is buying what you're trying to sell. You're also trying to take 2 expansion draft exempt Ds when we are going to lose a D from the draft already. So you're idea is even worse.

maybe counter with Vatanen for Skjei, Buchnevich and a 1st? lol

seeing that Buchnevich's has devalued a bit... both him and Skjei are on ELC's and shores up an expansion spot moving Vatanen and a RH puck moving dman would be good in NYR

that's just as fair right???? :sarcasm:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Maybe offensively. I'm not sure I've ever seen Theo play good defense.

He is young and these things take time. Now please trade him for a used puck like your wanting to. It's a good thing for your team that your GM won't overreact and move a good young player for scraps.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Holy overeaction Batman.

1 year ago he was untouchable. a dozen bad games and now we give him away for free?

**** like this is what makes these boards unbearable at times.

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
Dude's been a beast in all of the games I have watched. Needs more experience, etc., but what's with this desire to give him away for charity?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

Leafs kick down the door, offer Kadri + prospect + a pick!

Same age, 4 more years at 4.5million. Saves you 2 million a year in Cap.
Has shown he can be an elite shut down C this year when given the direction, and still produce.

Id offer Kadri+Leivo/Lepisic+2nd round pick

Last edited:

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada

Has shown he can be an elite shut down C this year when given the direction, and still produce.

And we would still decline

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

for Theodore?
thats way too much.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
wait am I reading that you decline Kadri++ for Theodore?

Thats like me saying no to Kesler++ for Zaitsev or Gardiner

How exactly do we afford Kadri? And equating Kesler and Kadri....

Comes down to why are we trading a cost controlled asset who is 21 when we don't need to!?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Would Sheary for Theodore work for you? Both are expansion exempt, so that wouldn't be an issue for either team. I question how well Sheary would fit with the Ducks, but he's still a 2nd line forward.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If I were trading Theodore to Toronto I'd be looking at Kapanen to be honest. Not saying 1 for 1 necessarily but something around those two. But that's just me.

Yea that's prob what I would look at, no interest in jvr... I think theo and kapanen are fairly close in value... as a starting point I like theo for kapanen tho.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would Sheary for Theodore work for you? Both are expansion exempt, so that wouldn't be an issue for either team. I question how well Sheary would fit with the Ducks, but he's still a 2nd line forward.

I think sheary is a terrible fit in Anaheim personally... but id prob say value is alright.
I think were more likely to move vatanen and hold onto Theodore and see how he progresses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad