Value of: Shea Theodore

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Give it a rest. It's unfortunate he had to be played so much and he really got exposed. Why trade a young, cheap, ELC, expansion exempt guy when we don't have to? Play him more in the AHL next year and maybe on a very sheltered role on the Ducks next year.

How many points did he have against Calgary again? He's only 21.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
The willingness to dump a top prospect for nothing because of a rough playoffs as a 21 year old is amazing lol

Well there are people who think a 19 year old defensemen with 6 NHL games (all in the playoffs) is already better than Morgan Rielly.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Lol, he made one really big mistake but you guys won in the end so it's okay. He made some great plays in the Calgary series, looked great on the PP, played decent in the second round too, so yeah I'd take him for sure.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Jeeze, one bad play and Boom

I'm not opposed to moving him if the trade makes sense, but I'm not going to sell low on him because of a mistake in an important game. Sometimes young players try to do much when they are in high pressure situations, and I think that is one of theodores problem that he occasionally trys to do too much.

The reason id be willing to move him is because I think Montour and Larsson are better than him... and I think Mahura is going to be knocking on his door step soon also.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This seems like a crazy overreaction but if he would actually be available I'm sure Dallas would be interested. Does Shore interest you?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Leafs all over this if he actually is on the block.

Even though he is a LD, he has a cannon of a shot that we could use

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leafs all over this if he actually is on the block.

Even though he is a LD, he has a cannon of a shot that we could use

I feel like that would make most sense, leafs have a ton of forwards/prospects with talent and in need of dmen of any skill set really.

And Toronto and Anaheim have good trade history with each other

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Theodore, Mountour and 2018 Duck 1st
for
Stepan
reasonable cap dump is acceptable for balance of 6.5 vs 2 ELCs

Absolute hell no from Anaheim. We do nothing to help our expansion draft problem (and actually make it worse by trading Vatanen's likely replacement; not to mention someone who has mightily impressed so far), we have absolutely no need for Stepan, and we're massively overpaying to boot.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ok, now that I've cooled off, everything I've previously said in this thread is null and void. Let's start over.

Haha, props for admitting this :laugh:

If Theo doesn`t improve defensively I really can see him being available at some point - depending how Larsson will look next year. But Theo is a 21 year old defenseman, youngest on his team, yet still leading the blueline in scoring with respectable 7p in 11g and has played every single playoff game averaging 18+ minutes.
That is not that bad.
Montour, being almost as young and not putting up as many points but has looked much more impressive though, maybe that makes Theo look a bit worse. And yes, that turnover in game 7, there is just no excuse for that, it was hooooorible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad