Not open for further replies.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
3k0f1QW.gif

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Yep, it's time for me to get out of California. It's too expensive to live here. I'm not struggling to survive or anything but you can only tread water for so long before it gets exhausting.

I agree completely. Wouldn't want to live in the Bay Area. Nice to visit but just too expensive. And I really don't like San Jose or San Francisco themselves - just the surrounding areas - and it's hard to get around.

I was looking at Google jobs the other day thinking how it would be a million times nicer to work at their Ann Arbor office than NYC or Silicon Valley.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Yep, it's time for me to get out of California. It's too expensive to live here. I'm not struggling to survive or anything but you can only tread water for so long before it gets exhausting.

Yeah, if Atlanta wasn't non-union with all of their film work, it might be a good option for us too. It's just getting too crowded here.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Are there a lot of places outside of California that are non-union for film work?

Yep, a lot of the other states are strictly right to work. Georgia, Louisiana, New Mexico, just to name a few have stolen union work in Hollywood with low wage, non-union work.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well, I got an offer from them but not for the position I was interviewing for. The offered position would basically be a lateral move for me in terms of role, waiting to talk to their finance lady to discuss pay to see if it would be viable/worth it for me.

Realistically, if they offer me at the very least what i'm currently making, i'll probably end up taking it.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well, I got an offer from them but not for the position I was interviewing for. The offered position would basically be a lateral move for me in terms of role, waiting to talk to their finance lady to discuss pay to see if it would be viable/worth it for me.

Realistically, if they offer me at the very least what i'm currently making, i'll probably end up taking it.

Atlanta must be far more affordable than the Bay Area, too.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

I hope it works out doc! I'm waiting on something that would be kind of lateral too but it would be a city job with all the benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad