Proposal: Shaun Fillipelli's insane proposal

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
This was my favourite part lol

"To reiterate, this conversation is only being had if the Blackhawks agree to continue paying at least some of the salary they are trading away, in exchange for a package that includes the Maple Leafs’ first-round pick."

Also this; "It may seem counterproductive for Toronto to be adding more than they’re shaving off of their payroll, by taking on DeBrincat, Murphy, and Dach. Meanwhile, Chicago acquiring two veterans in Mrázek and Muzzin doesn’t seem to support their rebuild. Yet, the complete picture matters."

He never elaborates on this "complete picture" haha.

Its also super counterproductive for the Leafs to move away dead cap in Mrazek, and scary cap with Muzzin, for a 40 goal scorer, a young highly drafted C and a solid defender..hmm.... I don't know how he managed to type this out and then post it.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Surprised Hawks didn’t throw Kane and JOnes in as well. If you are going to start a build from the ground up what better pieces to have to build around then Muzzin, Mrazek and a late 1st. Deal won’t happen though because other teams will probably offer the Leafs much, much, much more for that package.🤪🤣

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Surprised Hawks didn’t throw Kane and JOnes in as well. If you are going to start a build from the ground up what better pieces to have to build around then Muzzin, Mrazek and a late 1st. Deal won’t happen though because other teams will probably offer the Leafs much, much, much more for that package.🤪🤣

I mean, how do the Leafs take in the cap hit of Kane or Jones, unless Chicago received special dispensation from the league, to withhold 90% of the salary? It might be worth it for Chicago though, to get that the rights to Kaberle and a second round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad