God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Mac - Turris - Stone
Hoff - Ziba - Ryan
Prince - Pageau - Michalek
Puempel/Lazar - Smith - DD/Chiasson <- I'd go with Puempel - Smith - DD myself
Neil

I'd rather go with a 4th line of

DD - Smith - Chia if we're fully healthy. Then Neil comes in for the "tougher" teams for Chia.

Also, even if Phillips was fully healthy he'd still be our worst defender. At this point in his career he is not better than Cowen/Boro/Wier. He's too slow and terrible with the puck. Exactly what we are trying to remove from the line up, not add more of.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This is an forum where fans post their opinions.
If everytime the coach (general manager, scouting staff etc.) makes a seemingly bizarre and idiotic decision, we assume there are factors that we're unaware of that led to those decisions, then there wouldn't be much posting going on.

That being said, I doubt Cameron caved to anything other than his own, somewhat delayed, realization that Boro at forward makes no sense whatsoever.

So let me get this straight, if we don't post ridiculous theories and knee jerk reactions devoid of critical thought, this board would die? If that's the case perhaps we should just put it out of it's misery :)

Personally I thinks it's foolish to think that Boro at forward was an attempt to "try" him at forward, with a reversal happening after he "failed". It makes far more sense that he was there for a specific purpose, and then he went back to D when the purpose was fulfilled.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Anderson is 16th in the East in Save %
Somehow many, including sens fans, think he is the ONLY reason we are still in it. :dunno:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Somehow many, including sens fans, think he is the ONLY reason we are still in it. :dunno:

We think that because our D is terrible and he's covering up for them big time.

It's not all Anderson though because we're also putting pucks in the net too thankfully. So having a pretty good offense so far definitely helps.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

You can include all the stats you want, but when watching most of the games it is blatantly obvious that he is the MAIN reason we are still in the playoff picture.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Or Phillips

Oh god no. Think of how bad he's been for the past couple years. Now factor in the fact he hasn't played in a year and is approaching 40.

No matter what, Phillips is done. He's going to collect his pay for the rest of the year on LTIR and then will retire. You can bank on that.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Gotta look at the quality of scoring chances as opposed to pure numbers.

Anderson has been bailing out this team all year.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Are you watching the games? This team gives up quality chances left right and center.

Nah, not really.
Quality chances, often defined as shot rate from high danger areas is actually 0.5% below league average. Crazy low, considering that we give up more shots than any other team.
On the other hand, low danger shot rate is 24% above league average. That's crazy high and kinda explains high shot against count.

yFFPtTz.png

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think our top 6 deserves all the credit, and yes even smith.(well when he was in the bottom 6)

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Oh god no. Think of how bad he's been for the past couple years. Now factor in the fact he hasn't played in a year and is approaching 40.

No matter what, Phillips is done. He's going to collect his pay for the rest of the year on LTIR and then will retire. You can bank on that.

It was sarcasm

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
Nah, not really.
Quality chances, often defined as shot rate from high danger areas is actually 0.5% below league average. Crazy low, considering that we give up more shots than any other team.
On the other hand, low danger shot rate is 24% above league average. That's crazy high and kinda explains high shot against count.

yFFPtTz.png

Interesting. Perhaps our top 6 + pageau scoring is actually the driving factor for the team.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You can include all the stats you want, but when watching most of the games it is blatantly obvious that he is the MAIN reason we are still in the playoff picture.

Well, he doesn't score goals & you need those to win games & Ottawa has 3 guys in the top 20 in scoring in the NHL & Stone comes in at 31st. When was the last time Ottawa had that? I would argue that it's a team effort with a number of different guys contributing at different times & sometimes no one contributing & they play a stinker or just lose a close one. They are not playing consistently great yet but they are better I think & still need improving which they seem to be doing incrementally & getting contributions from a number of players including Anderson. That's a good thing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad