GDT: Sharks @ Sens. Dec. 18. We Are Going To Need A Bigger Boat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
RKL's thread called for offense from a D other than Karlsson, and others asked for offense from the bottom 6. Well:

mission%20accomplished%20banner%2023423423.jpg

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Nice win, wore them down maybe. Didn’t score on a 5 on 3 yet still won, that never used to happen.

Was there this much talk when Schubert was put as 4th line forward? I remember when Tortorella in Tampa had benched lecavalier a couple games, then he comes on a road trip to Canada and realizes its all over the news and everyone is talking about it, like Sens fans with Hoff too. And Torts says – It’s coaching! Prince is a young player being developed. Coach wants a better forechecking presence. And for Boro to be backup dman for penalties given the troubles some of our other d are having there. Doesn’t seem impossible to grasp to me. Not like thinking the coach thinks boro is a better forward than Prince.

Sens developing nicely, keep it going

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Boro is terrible. Almost got scored on when he lost his man and now takes a very dumb penalty.

God I wish we weren't forced between him or Cowen.

Naw man he was pretty solid, but he'll get beat sometimes or make mistakes. The truth is, so does every single guy in the league. The guys who make a few more are on the lower tiers of pro.

Man if Boro played the way everyone wished he would he'd be a star, they'd all be stars!

I'd like to see him get a nice look with EK so that Methot could play with Ceci. Boro will start getting some of the physical calls go his way once he's been in the league longer and shown to not be cheap.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gonna take a wild guess and say he was being sarcastic.

Ok, cool. As I said, I missed a good chunk.

I do see that the 4th line was around 8 mins. Hoping Prince can start gaining some trust, he set up a goal with a strong back check.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Nice win, wore them down maybe. Didn’t score on a 5 on 3 yet still won, that never used to happen.

Was there this much talk when Schubert was put as 4th line forward? I remember when Tortorella in Tampa had benched lecavalier a couple games, then he comes on a road trip to Canada and realizes its all over the news and everyone is talking about it, like Sens fans with Hoff too. And Torts says – It’s coaching! Prince is a young player being developed. Coach wants a better forechecking presence. And for Boro to be backup dman for penalties given the troubles some of our other d are having there. Doesn’t seem impossible to grasp to me. Not like thinking the coach thinks boro is a better forward than Prince.

Sens developing nicely, keep it going

The best type of development is playing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pretty decent game.

Still seem to not be able to show up in the 1st period.

Whatever though, a win is a win. 3 straight wins against the Sharks.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
RKL's thread called for offense from a D other than Karlsson, and others asked for offense from the bottom 6. Well:

Haha, but my thread was highlighting the fact that only Karlsson and to lesser extent Wideman provide any offense.

One more legit 2 way offensive guy on 2nd pairing and we'll be sick from back-end.

I'm so friggin sick of this coaching!

lol

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anderson has got to be one of the most underrated goaltenders in the league. I can't believe some people wanted to get rid of him during last offseason.

If we traded away Anderson, i doubt we would be in a playoff spot now.

He won't get any recognition though unless he leads us deep in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Anderson has got to be one of the most underrated goaltenders in the league. I can't believe some people wanted to get rid of him during last offseason.

If we traded away Anderson, i doubt we would be in a playoff spot now.

He won't get any recognition though unless he leads us deep in the playoffs.

Agreed.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wiercioch was pretty good. I didn't even notice any giraffeness in his game.
Could he just keep doing what he was doing today?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You have to give to get though, and that's why he was in the conversation. Although we somehow ended up getting something meaningful anyways.

True, but i have always thought it would have been a mistake to trade our #1 proven starting goaltender and going with 2 unproven goaltenders.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Wiercioch was pretty good. I didn't even notice any giraffeness in his game.
Could he just keep doing what he was doing today?

That Wier and Ceci pair has been good for two straight games now. Could it be a sign of good things to come? These two were a big part of last season's later push. If they can play at that level again, we do not desperately need that top 4. Simple is that. And keep benching Cowen, and maybe get someone other than Boro on that 3rd pair. I know some people still have hopes for Cowen, well, I do not any more, he is another Brian Lee, as far as I am concerned.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm so friggin sick of this coaching!

Isn't it kind of ironic that you say this now (I know it's sarcasm) when the huge coaching decision that everyone has hated (boro at forward) was forced to change.we al wanted that changed. He finally changed it. And it allowed him to roll 4 lines, or at least have an effective fourth line. So while Dave Cameron may have 100000 on all of us here in our life times. I think the score is now 100000 - 1.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That Wier and Ceci pair has been good for two straight games now. Could it be a sign of good things to come? These two were a big part of last season's later push. If they can play at that level again, we do not desperately need that top 4. Simple is that. And keep benching Cowen, and maybe get someone other than Boro on that 3rd pair. I know some people still have hopes for Cowen, well, I do not any more, he is another Brian Lee, as far as I am concerned.

Brian Lee looked better that cowen. Extra points for dropping an F bomb in an Ottawa sun interview too.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
One of the more exciting games I've been to. Pretty complete game tonight, though they could tighten up a bit (too many odd man rushes allowed in the first period). Hope we can build on it in Tampa.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Oooooooh, you said the B word. :amazed:

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Oooooooh, you said the B word. :amazed:

Yes, I did, it also crossed my mind that it is a forbidden name around here. :laugh:

Honestly, I see the same pattern, except a larger contract for Cowen. Just does not have it, would not be surprised if he is done in the NHL before 30, and finds a job in finance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad