Contracted:
Hertl; Couture; Pavelski; Ward; Hansen; Boedker

Burns; Braun; Vlasic; Martin; Dillon; DeMelo; Schlemko

Jones; Dell

AHL/Call-up Contracted:
Meier; LaBanc

RFA:
Tierney; Donskoi; Karlsson; Sorenson

That's a start, no idea where the org goes after this year.

Ward shouldn't be back and Boedker has underwhelmed. The defense needs more work than expected.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Is it possible that there is another culture rift within the locker room? Just trying to come up with an explanation for this play of late. Haven't seen any indications of a rift though.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Is it possible that there is another culture rift within the locker room? Just trying to come up with an explanation for this play of late. Haven't seen any indications of a rift though.

I think they've just checked out. They are in the playoffs. Had the division. They're just killing the clock until the real season starts.

Wilson's plan for young guys to compete for spots completely backfired since all the vets realized they weren't going anywhere.

The only one who MIGHT get sat is Haley and he's out there punching faces. The rest are on cruise control.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California

I doubt it. It was reported that the flu was going around earlier. However, is it possible the that the flu story is a cover for the mumps going around? The incubation is 15 days, and the team played VAN on the 2nd and MIN on the 5th of this month, and both teams had the mumps going through the lockerroom.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I dont think so. They want to peak at the right time.Pete said towards the end of last season, its hard to manufacture a game that has the same level of meaning when youre playing teams that are in and out of it. It's true, also at least for me, the #1 seed looks not worth tiring urself out early for so, i think right now, they are settling in getting their game foundation in the right place. Taking it in stride and getting ready to dial in and ramp it up. I did see improvements last 2 games even though the score wasn't there. The big reason we lost at the end last year is they had an ex ducks player (lovejoy) basically tell them how we play. We come out strong in the first 10 minutes and flounder if we dont get ahead, So it was pretty obvious they played around that. I wish i was there to tell them to not try to win it in 1 shift. Maybe somebodys listening!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I have no idea. If Thornton really wants three years at $6M per, let him walk. I'd be reluctant to give Marleau three years even though he's been pretty good. If Schlemko isn't protected, I bet Vegas takes him. There's no way in my mind that Vegas takes Boedker.

Dillon is also probably exposed and younger than Schlemko. (Protected: Vlasic, Burns, and probably Braun)

But the Sharks have to expose two forwards. (Currently I've projected those guys to be Boedker and Ward.)

In all likelihood, the Sharks will lose a Dman.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
What's Gambrells deal? What are the chances he makes the team out of next year's training camp if he goes pro?

There's a queue forming for 4c. Presume Carpenter walks, but we still got Tierney, O'Regan, and Chartier ahead of him. Meanwhile, Letunov, Gregor and Gambrell all on the cusp of turning pro... So I dunno. I would say "low".

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Wondered what you guys thought, if hypothetically at the end of next season Tavares decided he didn't want to stay with the Islanders. I think we would have the cap space to offer him 8-9 million.

Thornton and Marleau most likely taking contracts at a much lower cap-hit hopefully, if we even re-sign them. Ward coming off the books, Hansen coming off the books. Vlasic, Hertl, Karlsson, Donskoi, and Jones needing to be re-signed, and of them, I doubt any of them get significant pay raises. Vegas taking one of our roster players (Hopefully Boedker, maybe Martin?).
Tavares-Couture-Hertl down the middle.
What do you guys think?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Tavares will be looking for more than 9 million. He'd be the biggest FA in the last decade.

He won't make it to free agency.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Wondered what you guys thought, if hypothetically at the end of next season Tavares decided he didn't want to stay with the Islanders. I think we would have the cap space to offer him 8-9 million.

Thornton and Marleau most likely taking contracts at a much lower cap-hit hopefully, if we even re-sign them. Ward coming off the books, Hansen coming off the books. Vlasic, Hertl, Karlsson, Donskoi, and Jones needing to be re-signed, and of them, I doubt any of them get significant pay raises. Vegas taking one of our roster players (Hopefully Boedker, maybe Martin?).
Tavares-Couture-Hertl down the middle.
What do you guys think?

I want to say that 2ish years ago there were rumors of Couture/Tavares swap, with the Sharks adding, of course. Since then, Tavares's stock has risen...I'd venture that the passionate Sharks follower might be noting the lags in Couture's game and be willing to sell high, but the nescient individual probably thinks higher of him considering he led the league in playoff scoring.

If NYI knows Tavares is a goner, getting a long-term asset like Couture would be enticing. That uncertainty should ameliorate the difference in values.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I want to say that 2ish years ago there were rumors of Couture/Tavares swap, with the Sharks adding, of course. Since then, Tavares's stock has risen...I'd venture that the passionate Sharks follower might be noting the lags in Couture's game and be willing to sell high, but the nescient individual probably thinks higher of him considering he led the league in playoff scoring.

If NYI knows Tavares is a goner, getting a long-term asset like Couture would be enticing. That uncertainty should ameliorate the difference in values.

Don't recall any Couture for Tavares rumors ever being discussed. Sharks would have to add a big chunk then and now.
And Couture is signed for 1 more year than Tavares with even less reason to re-sign, wouldn't call that long-term.

It's not ideal since you theoretically want Tavares and Couture 1C/2C, and not much reason for the Islanders either, but I'd really consider Couture, Meier, +.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Don't recall any Couture for Tavares rumors ever being discussed. Sharks would have to add a big chunk then and now.
And Couture is signed for 1 more year than Tavares with even less reason to re-sign, wouldn't call that long-term.

It's not ideal since you theoretically want Tavares and Couture 1C/2C, and not much reason for the Islanders either, but I'd really consider Couture, Meier, +.

Yeah that Couture for Tavares thing seems kind of thin-airish. I don't know if the Islanders would really care for Couture if they're going to part with Tavares. They'd probably go younger with guys like Hertl and Meier to start. I thought their fans were asking more for a d-man centerpiece type of deal but Sharks don't really have anything like that in the range they're looking for.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I think we're gonna see this on Tuesday:

Karlsson-Marleau-Pavelski
Boedker-Hertl-Hansen
Donskoi-Tierney-Ward
Sorensen-Haley-Labanc

I base this upon drawing up a lineup I think I would like, then making some tweaks to add that DeBoer flair

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I think we're gonna see this on Tuesday:

Karlsson-Marleau-Pavelski
Boedker-Hertl-Hansen
Donskoi-Tierney-Ward
Sorensen-Haley-Labanc

I base this upon drawing up a lineup I think I would like, then making some tweaks to add that DeBoer flair

Might be passable if they bring up Carpenter and put him in instead of Haley...oh and swap Ward and Labanc.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Goldobin kinda seems similar to my cousin. Way too cool for his own good so he kind of seems like one of those selfish social media kids but he's professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00