Speculation: Sharks Roster Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So, I think we can all agree that we don't want Ribeiro anywhere near our team. Raffi's blackface was ****** but not remotely comparable.

Let's stop discussing Ribeiro, if that's okay...

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I don't post much, so don't know if it's been discussed or not, but I think trying to grab Henrique would be a solid pick-up if we get him from the devils. They don't seem like their going anywhere this year, maybe we can get him at a decent price.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't post much, so don't know if it's been discussed or not, but I think trying to grab Henrique would be a solid pick-up if we get him from the devils. They don't seem like their going anywhere this year, maybe we can get him at a decent price.

I like Henrique but I don't think there's much incentive for NJ to move him since they're pretty lacking in offensive talent right now. Other concern is that he's had a rough couple of years in the advanced stats department but he did well under Deboer.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Im also officially disagreeing with any notion that

A. We need to go out and find a 3C
B. That it would be any cheaper than a goal scoring rental.

People are down on tierney. I get that. Having both him amd carp as 4c options would be great depth.

I personally dont think there is a 3c out there that offers what hertl offers. Im racking my brain. Maybe jordan staal.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

People are down on tierney. I get that. Having both him amd carp as 4c options would be great depth.

I personally dont think there is a 3c out there that offers what hertl offers. Im racking my brain. Maybe jordan staal.

Jordan Staal is a 1st liner in the same way that Hertl is right now. His scoring isn't flashy but he's a possession monster and Carolina values him highly.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

If Jordan Staal were available, we should be all over him. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Carolina wants to move him.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If Jordan Staal were available, we should be all over him. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Carolina wants to move him.

I guess thats the salient point im making.

Ppl want to get a 3c to put hertl on the top line. But actual 3cs are probably not much of an upgrade to tierney. Maybe bozak? So to get the impact you want there you are paying a big price.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I like Henrique but I don't think there's much incentive for NJ to move him since they're pretty lacking in offensive talent right now. Other concern is that he's had a rough couple of years in the advanced stats department but he did well under Deboer.

There defence is pretty rough though too, Greene is getting old, so is Lovejoy, Severson is legit, no one else after him on the roster that I like, don't know much about their D prospects, maybe there's a trade involving some of our defensive prospects?

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
There defence is pretty rough though too, Greene is getting old, so is Lovejoy, Severson is legit, no one else after him on the roster that I like, don't know much about their D prospects, maybe there's a trade involving some of our defensive prospects?

I think there could be something there. Isn't Henrique a little expensive though?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
SJ finally has a third pairing they can rely on. break it up to get henrique. makes sense.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
SJ finally has a third pairing they can rely on. break it up to get henrique. makes sense.

Yeah, I realize you can't just give picks+prospects most of the time, but I'm hesitant to trade any of our D for forwards even if we do need one (unless it's a huge difference maker like Duchene). I'm still not confident with playing Demelo or Heed full-time, especially in the playoffs.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Vrbata just makes more sense than anybody else out there. Very small cap hit that we don't need to move any salary to accommodate (we'll have room to deal with his bonuses next year), will not cost much at all to acquire in terms of assets, has more points than all but two Sharks players this season, right-handed shot so there's a good chance he'll fit well with Thornton, will be a nice addition on the 2nd PP unit, allows us to move Hertl to 3C which I think we all agree is the best possible option for that role.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Vrbata just makes more sense than anybody else out there. Very small cap hit that we don't need to move any salary to accommodate (we'll have room to deal with his bonuses next year), will not cost much at all to acquire in terms of assets, has more points than all but two Sharks players this season, right-handed shot so there's a good chance he'll fit well with Thornton, will be a nice addition on the 2nd PP unit, allows us to move Hertl to 3C which I think we all agree is the best possible option for that role.

I agree that Vrbata would be ideal, but less than a handful of teams are truly out of the playoffs right now. I don't think he'll cost as little as we think he will.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I agree that Vrbata would be ideal, but less than a handful of teams are truly out of the playoffs right now. I don't think he'll cost as little as we think he will.

Arizona's asking price for Hanzal is a 1st and a top prospect. And someone will pay it. It's not worth giving assets for a marginal player like Vrbata, who has never had success anywhere but Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad