Rumor: Sharks pursuing re-signing Vandermeer (Signed with Canucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
They should Sign Semenov and Wallin for depth on the blue line and Vandermeer can be a 4th line forward.

Talk about amazing defense.

Wallin wouldn't be a depth signing. He's the #1D we've been missing since he left. Notice how with him we got all the way to the 3rd round and without him patrolling the blueline we even failed to make it past the 1rst round? Coincidence? I don't think so.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Sorry, my eyes and experience tell me otherwise. He'll be great as a #6 #7 on a team this deep on the blue line. Oh and he'll be cheap and can provide some rough stuff when needed.

rough stuff? You mean by getting his ass kicked every time because he can't skate and can't fight?

wraith985

Jan 8, 2006
More likely they are thinking of moving Murray (or have a deal in place) and Vandemeer would be the #6/7 d-man who can replace some of Murray's physical play.

Exactly this. First thought in my head when I saw this was "nice knowing you, Douglas"

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN
How would #sjsharks fill blueline without Burns/Demers/Braun? McLellan: "With young players that have earned the opportunity to be there"

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
he'll try it for about 3 games and then say "the hell with it" and just play boyle 45 min/game

oyster

Jan 19, 2011
How much Kent would a Huskins Husk, if a Huskins could Kent Huskins?

Why, a Huskins would Husk all the Huskins he could Husk, if a Kent could Husk Kent Huskins.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
How much Kent would a Huskins Husk, if a Huskins could Kent Huskins?

Why, a Huskins would Husk all the Huskins he could Husk, if a Kent could Husk Kent Huskins.

huskinsdog.jpg

This much Huskins.

NWShark*

rough stuff? You mean by getting his ass kicked every time because he can't skate and can't fight?

He only got beat down in one fight that I saw last year and was really just a couple punches. he still performed the job. The rest were standard NHL ties. The fact you say he can't skate tells me you don't know what you're looking at. He's actually a pretty good skater especially for his size. Not out right fast but he has very good lateral mobility. Saying he can't skate is frankly ignorant.

oyster

Jan 19, 2011
give our guys in Worcester a damn chance already!

I agree. Sharks aren't tight against the cap, but they don't have a ton of room to work with. They'll likely need to rely on Worcester call-ups to fill out the rest of the line up. Better long term solution than free market replacement players anyway.

I felt good about Winchester and Vandermeer at the start of last season, but by the end they didn't do very well and their physical contributions were overrated. The Sharks need better depth players and already have them in the system, but with so many injured players in SJ and Worcester they may end up needing to bring in free-agent fillers anyway...

That all said, if McLaren makes a spot on the team out of camp over someone better I am going to kick someone's dog.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Why did Van sign him they already have 8 NHL dmen. ..

It's a cheap two way deal and w/ re-entry waivers gone it's a no risk signing.

Injuries are going to be a big story this year for everyone, last I heard Hamhuis wasn't 100% and I think Garrison was dealing w/ injuries during the off season / lock out as well.

They could also be planning to move someone/Ballard.

Brokencow

Nov 11, 2003
Oakland
Visit site
Wallin wouldn't be a depth signing. He's the #1D we've been missing since he left. Notice how with him we got all the way to the 3rd round and without him patrolling the blueline we even failed to make it past the 1rst round? Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'm on the dump Wallin bandwagon as much as the next guy due to his poor seasonal play but I seem to remember he was actually good those playoffs, is my memory broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad