LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/the-road-to-the-frozen-four-begins
Frozen Four/NCAA 16 hockey

Teams with Sharks draftees highlighted

Midwest Regional
March 28, 8 p.m. ET, ESPNU/WatchESPN
No. 1 Wisconsin (24-10-2) vs. No. 4 North Dakota (23-13-3)

Northeast Regional, March 29-30
DCU Center, Worcester, Mass.

March 29, 4 p.m. ET, ESPNU/WatchESPN
No. 1 Boston College (26-7-4) vs. No. 4 Denver (20-15-6)

March 29, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN3/WatchESPN ESPN3 (ESPNU same-day re-air – March 29, 11:30 p.m. ET)
No. 2 Massachusetts-Lowell (25-10-4) vs. No. 3 Minnesota State-Mankato (26-13-1)

West Regional, March 29-30
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, Minn.

March 29, 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2/WatchESPN
No. 1 Minnesota (25-6-6) vs. No. 4 Robert Morris (19-17-5)

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
I just wanted to get a general opinion on Mirco Mueller from anyone who has been watching him.

Do you guys think he is ready for the big club next year? From what little we've seen of Mirco, he seems to have a solid grasp on decision making and appears to be positionally sound. I guess maybe we'll see what he decides to do this summer? See if he makes a training push to make the big club.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Congrats on the Ryan Carpenter signing.

Ryan Carpenter, Jr. Bowling Green (C/W)
Oviedo, Fl.

6-1 181

100 gp, 37 Goals, 42 Assists

Hard working, strong on skates, fast, really skilled, great leader, he should be a good one.

He was injured this past season with a broken finger (shot block exhibition game) and the practice before he was supposed to come back and start the season he broke his foot on a shot block. No lingering or long term issues had 16 points (8-8) in the 15 games he played after injury.

Was in Boston and Chicago camps last 2 seasons.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Oviedo, Fl.

6-1 181

Hard working, strong on skates, fast, really skilled, great leader, he should be a good one.

He was injured this past season with a broken finger (shot block exhibition game) and the practice before he was supposed to come back and start the season he broke his foot on a shot block. No lingering or long term issues had 16 points (8-8) in the 15 games he played after injury.

Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't watch any BG games this season but did watch a couple last year and the thing I remember about Carpenter is his shot.

His path to this ELC is interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in the AHL.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't watch any BG games this season but did watch a couple last year and the thing I remember about Carpenter is his shot.

His path to this ELC is interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in the AHL.

Yeah his release is really quick and his wrist shot is very hard. Definitely has a sniper shot.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

Oviedo, Fl.

6-1 181

Thanks the for details.

Is he a "smart" player??

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Thanks the for details.

Is he a "smart" player??

Penalty wise he rarely takes them 51 career pims 0 this season. Good hockey IQ plays in all situations captain as a Sophomore.

I didn't think he would leave early but it seems as though he will be leaving with a degree after 3 years do to putting in extra classwork.

I think he has the skill to make it on the NHL and also the attitude and work ethic to be a coach/fan favorite.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Penalty wise he rarely takes them 51 career pims 0 this season. Good hockey IQ plays in all situations captain as a Sophomore.

I didn't think he would leave early but it seems as though he will be leaving with a degree after 3 years do to putting in extra classwork.

I think he has the skill to make it on the NHL and also the attitude and work ethic to be a coach/fan favorite.

Good hockey IQ was what I was looking for, thanks. The sharks seem to favor that kind of player.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Good hockey IQ was what I was looking for, thanks. The sharks seem to favor that kind of player.

Gotcha, I worked for BG Hockey/athletics for 4.5 years as a student and saw him for 2 full years every week and on tv this last season since graduating and thought I'd share as much as I could.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I asked a couple of people about him and it sounds like many were surprised that he decided to leave early but having a few NHL teams interested in you and offering you a pro contract is a hard thing to pass up.

Thank you again for the info, it does sound like he has pro potential and could be a good signing.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Nieto treatment. A few games at the end of the season in Woostah and on the Sharks come OCT! Make it happen kid, the fans have spoken. Well, at least one of them.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
I know almost nothing about the kid, but many that do say he's a full pro year away probably.

From what I've heard about I'm really starting to like this signing. No risk and sounds like he has at least a chance to become an impact player. He's already 23 but I'm excited to see how he does at Worcester.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Got my THN Future Watch issue today.

Mueller checks in at 17th overall, the only Shark in the top 50 prospects.

The Sharks prospect and under-22 pool (which counts Nieto and Hertl because they're 21 and under even though they're in the NHL) gets a C+ grade and ranks 21st overall, up from dead last in 2013.

The THN top 10 Sharks prospects are:

1) Mueller
2) Boudreau
3) Doherty
4) Hamilton
5) Tierney
6) Petrecki
7) Abeltshauser
8) Sateri
9) Lalancette
10) DeMelo

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Got my THN Future Watch issue today.

Mueller checks in at 17th overall, the only Shark in the top 50 prospects.

The Sharks prospect and under-22 pool (which counts Nieto and Hertl because they're 21 and under even though they're in the NHL) gets a C+ grade and ranks 21st overall, up from dead last in 2013.

The THN top 10 Sharks prospects are:

1) Mueller
2) Boudreau
3) Doherty
4) Hamilton
5) Tierney
6) Petrecki
7) Abeltshauser
8) Sateri
9) Lalancette
10) DeMelo

Thanks for the report, Nem. :)

Way too high on Boudreau, Doherty, and Petrecki. Too low on Tierney and Abeltshauser, and totally forgot Kuraly.

Also, I think they think too much of Mueller. 17th seems high...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thanks for the report, Nem. :)

Way too high on Boudreau, Doherty, and Petrecki. Too low on Tierney and Abeltshauser, and totally forgot Kuraly.

Also, I think they think too much of Mueller. 17th seems high...

It's not a strong top 50.

THN is also known, at least with regards to the sharks, for having some heavy sandbagging. Lots of guys with apparent promise get downplayed, and lesser lights get bigger pushes than you'd expect. They've been inexplicably high on Doherty for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad