Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Burke is also on record saying that Taylor Doherty is NHL-ready, so I don't trust his evaluation as far as I can throw him.

I think it's probably better to say that he's not always totally honest in front of a camera/microphone...much like everyone else in the Sharks org.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kinda crazy to hear Burke saying its a 50-50 shot for him to make the team next season. They must have real confidence that he is a stud.

I think he showed JJ and Robinson enough in training camp this year to feel confident about him going into next year.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think it's probably better to say that he's not always totally honest in front of a camera/microphone...much like everyone else in the Sharks org.

Yeah, what I meant to say is that I don't trust anything Burke says to is as far as I can throw him.

You can usually figure things out based on vague comments from the rest but Burke straight up tells us false things.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yeah but Chara was terrible in the NHL while Doherty is not terrible but not very good in the AHL.

Would it be better if Doherty were in the NHL right now being terrible? He's also been Worcester's most consistent d-man this season in my opinion so the 'not very good' assessment isn't accurate.

I don't know why anyone thought he was going to be a Chara aside from him being 6'7. Doherty continues to improve his game season to season, if he continues that trend I still see an NHL player, it's just going to take time.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Would it be better if Doherty were in the NHL right now being terrible? He's also been Worcester's most consistent d-man this season in my opinion so the 'not very good' assessment isn't accurate.

I don't know why anyone thought he was going to be a Chara aside from him being 6'7. Doherty continues to improve his game season to season, if he continues that trend I still see an NHL player, it's just going to take time.

Fair enough I haven't really watched him enough to make an argument; just when I have he hasn't been too great. That 2009 draft was pretty atrocious for us.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Pretty much every tall defenseman gets compared to Pronger or Chara for some reason. I think Doherty will be an NHL player as well.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Pretty much every tall defenseman gets compared to Pronger or Chara for some reason. I think Doherty will be an NHL player as well.

Good point. It's one of the reasons I really dislike prospect / player comparisons, it tends to set unrealistic (or in many cases incorrect) expectations on prospects.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Good point. It's one of the reasons I really dislike prospect / player comparisons, it tends to set unrealistic (or in many cases incorrect) expectations on prospects.

Victor Hedman or aka "The Swedish Pronger" except for the fact he plays nothing like him at all.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Michael Brodzinski ‏@Mbrodzinski20 1h
Big ten champs baby!!!!

BiuybAWCUAAE4i6.jpg

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Michael Brodzinski ‏@Mbrodzinski20 1h
Big ten champs baby!!!!

Unfortunately Brodzinski didn't play. He's been in and out of the line up since returning from a leg injury.

TB has some really, really good goaltender prospects in their pipeline. Wilcox has had a ridiculous season.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I remember looking up his stats last season. Incredible. And a 6th rounder to boot.

It's kinda funny that Stalock was the first thing I thought of when I saw him play - quick, athletic, aggressive, good with the puck, it turns out they're cousins.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Could Doherty potentially be a guy who comes up to the big club, finds his niche and the light bulb suddenly turns on? that'd be noice

also, Goodrow's numbers are impressive, who cares about his age, skating and yada yada, If he can score like Pavelski or Couture, i'll be very happy

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Could Doherty potentially be a guy who comes up to the big club, finds his niche and the light bulb suddenly turns on? that'd be noice

also, Goodrow's numbers are impressive, who cares about his age, skating and yada yada, If he can score like Pavelski or Couture, i'll be very happy

To both of those comments, I guess anything is anything is possible. However, it's really, really, really unlikely.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Both are unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad