Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I've been saying for a while that we should draft more junior kids. NCAA produces either really high end guys (Eichel, Toews, Kessel) or 4th liners. Very few 2nd liners

Since we don't draft high enough to get the elites, I've always thought our best chances were with CHL players

Joe Pavelski, Matt Nieto, T.J. Oshi, David Backes all disagree as do Ryan Kesler, Mike Cammalleri, Matt Read, Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Given the drafts the Sharks have had the last 3 years or so, I really hope that if there is a change up top in the Sharks organization, they keep the scouts intact. Had a rough patch a few years prior, but it looks like the the prospect pool is looking like it's a on a huge uptick.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Rourke Chartier has earned an invite to Team Canada's WJC selection camp.
Here's the roster: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2014-15/Selection-Camp/Roster

Not sure if it was posted or not but Goldobin is also invited to Team Russia.

Team USA to be announced tomorrow, don't expect any SJ prospects there.

A few more Sharks prospects that should/could be invited to other Camps:
Bergman (should be a lock), Bergvik (he's a maybe) for Sweden.
Rod for Switzerland. I'd guess Team Switzerland will also ask for Mueller but that's not gonna happen.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hey Stalock, how NHL-ready is Chartier? Is he more of a project or could be play in the next two years? Sounds like he has a mature two-way game and NHL physical attributes. I'm not saying lets rush him, but I am curious.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Hey Stalock, how NHL-ready is Chartier? Is he more of a project or could be play in the next two years? Sounds like he has a mature two-way game and NHL physical attributes. I'm not saying lets rush him, but I am curious.

Cmon Jux, deep inside you know that's exactly what your saying. :P

Seriously though, hard not to be excited about the kid. Just think of all of the middling 4th liners we could potentially trade him for!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

As of right now it seems like he could be ready to play real NHL minutes in two years, next season is likely a long shot.

His two way game is good and obviously he's been tearing it up since he earned the trust of his coach (and was put next to Merkley) in the middle of last season. One really big plus for him is how good he is at evens but I think he still needs time to gain more strength to be able to handle the physicality of the NHL.

I think he's easily holding his own but I'd like to see how he does away from Merkley, those two are attached at the hip on the ice.

If he continues to play as well has he has throughout the rest of the season he'll be one of those prospects that gets screwed by the CHL/NHL agreement.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
If we draft Merkley...

oops-pants-off.gif

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
As of right now it seems like he could be ready to play real NHL minutes in two years, next season is likely a long shot.

His two way game is good and obviously he's been tearing it up since he earned the trust of his coach (and was put next to Merkley) in the middle of last season. One really big plus for him is how good he is at evens but I think he still needs time to gain more strength to be able to handle the physicality of the NHL.

I think he's easily holding his own but I'd like to see how he does away from Merkley, those two are attached at the hip on the ice.

If he continues to play as well has he has throughout the rest of the season he'll be one of those prospects that gets screwed by the CHL/NHL agreement.

Great, thanks. :)

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

Chartier might be ready next year. It would be a bit of a reach, but everything about his game is quickly coming together. The kid Is phenomenal. I think STBC compared him to Pavelski, seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad