Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Less Orange!

I have some bad news for you.

SJSSet_zpsd2cf208d.png

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Something you drew up in your spare time? I'm going to assume there is no link or anything supporting this…

The survey that went out last week or so.

Those are hideous lol

Not my cup of tea either. Too much orange for me. Particularly the former away jersey. I don't mind the orange as long as it's used sparingly. I knew something had to be up when I got to the orange questions. I though the jerseys would look like the Oilers that maybe DW was pining for TMac.

Or is that maybe pining for McDavid?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This will be a thing whether we like it or not. Gotta wear as many jerseys as possible to be able to sell nhl verified merch!

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Interesting.

He is the son of Tom Rowe, the Coach, GM, Senior Advisor (???) of the Florida Panthers. Would not be surprised to see him show up over there. The NHL does seem to love nepotism.

"Daddy, Dougie's Dad made him President! I wanna be a President too!!"

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
The survey that went out last week or so.

Were these jerseys shown in the survey? I guess what I'm getting at is where this picture originated from?

No jerseys were shown in the survey unless my browser blocked images, but the Sharks seemingly went out of there way to ask questions about the orangle color being used more, and what the survey taker's reaction would be to those hypothetical jerseys.

The artist of those mocked up jerseys is clearly using his interpretations of those questions. I have to say that the former home jersey matches my interpretation of those questions when I completed the survey shortly after the Sharks emailed it to me.

The home jersey seems over the top as I had no visualations of an orange shoulder.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

Anyone hear of this or know what happened?

I would assume retirement. When he stepped down as coach, the idea was the be Director of Player Development out in Worchester. That never really happened though, since the AHL team moved out to San Jose basically the season after. He probably didn't like being off-site, didn't like all the travel, etc.

Also, until we hear something official from San Jose, I wouldn't over think it. He referred to himself as a "Consultant" for the team in an interview yesterday. Might have just stepped down from an official position, while still being involved at a high level.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I would assume retirement. When he stepped down as coach, the idea was the be Director of Player Development out in Worchester. That never really happened though, since the AHL team moved out to San Jose basically the season after. He probably didn't like being off-site, didn't like all the travel, etc.

Also, until we hear something official from San Jose, I wouldn't over think it. He referred to himself as a "Consultant" for the team in an interview yesterday. Might have just stepped down from an official position, while still being involved at a high level.

There is hardly anything correct in anything you said. :laugh:
He was always considered more of a consultant, and he was hardly in Worcester so it had nothing to do with "travel". He spent most of his time as an off-site consultant in his home in Florida.
The only thing somewhat right is the distance/being off-site maaaybe being an issue. Recent reports from Montreal Gazette is that DW recently gave him permission to talk to teams (contract is over July 1st) and that's he's mainly looking at Tampa and Florida since he can be closer to the main team, but he's going to consider all teams interested.
Not a huge loss anyway, always thought he was a little overrated as a coach and his style is outdated for the current style of hockey.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
For the past two seasons he's been in SJ for camp (and summer development camp), joining the Sharks on their eastern/Montreal swing/road trip.

He watches NHL and AHL games from his Florida home.

If he wants to continue with Sharks, they'll probably keep him around. But he might want similar deal with eastern team so he doesn't have to travel as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad