Post-Game Talk: Sharks lose Game 6...

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
How long until we know the extent of Vlasic, Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Hertl and Wingels injuries?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How long until we know the extent of Vlasic, Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Hertl and Wingels injuries?

Probably whenever the break up day/locker clean out day/whatever is.

Which I'm guessing will probably be on Tuesday, I doubt they'd do it tomorrow.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
I think my post is going to miss a lot of people because there is dozens of other posts here on this topic but I want to thank you all for a great season and run we have had. We have had great discussions about hockey, much humour, food talk, funny jokes and everything. THANK YOU GUYS!!

When I joined at HfSharks about half year ago I had followed this place almost two years but when I attended WJC-games and saw Sharks prospects live I decided that I have to join these discussions because I felt that I finally had something to give here. At first I wasn't hugely confident with my English but you all gave me a warm welcome and gave me a confidence to post more. And now when I have posted and being active here I have to say that this place has given me so much and I've spent way more time here than I should have :laugh:

Even though we lost this final I wouldn't rather be any other NHL team's fan than the Sharks and big reason is because of you guys. You rock and this Sharks team and you guys made this worth it to wake up very late at night/very early on the morning to watch Sharks games.

Now I think that I would take a little break here and all the hockey things etc. but I don't know if I can do that. I just love hockey, Sharks and this place so much that I don't know if it is possible to be away from here. Probably I watch these forums (But avoid the main board at the all costs) almost everyday but if I won't I will be back.
Damn. :(

I love Finns . :(

Glad to have you onboard.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Pavelski: Didn't find the extra goal when we needed it. Regarding the Logan Couture goal, "We gotta follow it up a little better".
I guess he doesn't deserve the C and should get criticized for his comments too, right?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looks like break up day is tomorrow.

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 2h2 hours ago
#SJSharks wasting no time getting away - break up day is tomorrow

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Pavelski: Didn't find the extra goal when we needed it. Regarding the Logan Couture goal, "We gotta follow it up a little better".
I guess he doesn't deserve the C and should get criticized for his comments too, right?

They are both right. Ripping either guy for what's said right after a game is just dumb.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think my post is going to miss a lot of people because there is dozens of other posts here on this topic but I want to thank you all for a great season and run we have had. We have had great discussions about hockey, much humour, food talk, funny jokes and everything. THANK YOU GUYS!!

When I joined at HfSharks about half year ago I had followed this place almost two years but when I attended WJC-games and saw Sharks prospects live I decided that I have to join these discussions because I felt that I finally had something to give here. At first I wasn't hugely confident with my English but you all gave me a warm welcome and gave me a confidence to post more. And now when I have posted and being active here I have to say that this place has given me so much and I've spent way more time here than I should have :laugh:

Even though we lost this final I wouldn't rather be any other NHL team's fan than the Sharks and big reason is because of you guys. You rock and this Sharks team and you guys made this worth it to wake up very late at night/very early on the morning to watch Sharks games.

Now I think that I would take a little break here and all the hockey things etc. but I don't know if I can do that. I just love hockey, Sharks and this place so much that I don't know if it is possible to be away from here. Probably I watch these forums (But avoid the main board at the all costs) almost everyday but if I won't I will be back.
We all enjoy having you! And I never noticed any issue with your English, you probably have better English than half the people that have it as a first language on here.:laugh:

I always think I have it bad in the Eastern time zone of the USA, with Sharks games ending at or after 1:00 AM local time for me. You Euro watchers are the most dedicated, as these games start in the very early morning hours!:handclap::yo:

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Couture went through a lot. I just read he was literally afraid of amputation and dying. But let's get real. He played something like 35 fewer games this seaosn. And it's obvious that Pav's and JT were hurt. He had a great playoff run. Let's leave it at that and not give him some special privilege that he has the right to call out other players.

Pavs told kurz he was healthy. Not sure if that's true but if it is it makes me even more angry in the way he played in the finals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pavs told kurz he was healthy. Not sure if that's true but if it is it makes me even more angry in the way he played in the finals.

I've seen about a gazillion players say that, then they have surgery a few weeks later or we find out that they had it a few weeks later.

I'd expect him to have it sooner rather than later, with the offseason being much shorter now, due to the long playoff run to the end.

And with the world cup of hockey starting up in less than 3 months. It will be interesting to see if he plays in that. If he doesn't take part in it, I would have to believe he had some sort of ailment.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He has no reason to divulge anything. Pretty obvious hes banged up. Probably nothing serious but all the punishment he takes adds up. No one is really healthy this time of year.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Martin Jones is a stud. One of the easiest things to take away from this final series. Guy is an absolute stud.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Joner was incredible. He gave the team a chance to win in every game this series even though they didn't necessarily deserve it.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm sure you're not being sarcastic. Have you ever been injured on multiple parts of your body? It screws you up even if they aren't serious. Pavelski obviously has some ailments but wasn't going to use that to excuse his poor play. I hope they aren't serious and he needs a month or so to heal up.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Just pure speculation on my part but his wrist is injured, we've seen the brace and the wraps. I think he has a shoulder/upper body issue too. His shot lost its velocity as the playoffs went on to the point it looked painful watching him shoot.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Well I for sure would rather pavs have been injured rather than just blowing it. Because he blew it.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Is it crazy that I am wondering how the SCF would have gone (if at all different) if Polak was benched in favor of Demelo? I distinctly recall during the season that the Sharks played some of their best hockey with the third pairing being Dillon-Demelo.

Given DeBoer's previous issues with a certain rookie/young Dman in NJ, of course Demelo was never getting into the SCF, but I do wonder how the series would have changed (if at all) if, for example, DeBoer benches Polak following Game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad