Rumor: Sharks interested in D Radim Simek

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The most likely thing that's gonna happen is that the Sharks don't sign Simek and he goes to Chicago. Same with Heed.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I know international rinks are bigger, but does that mean as a defenseman his shot has to travel further to the net? Not sure what the blue line distance is...

Edit: looked it up. Seems to be 7 feet closer. 57 feet from goal to blue in international while it is 64 feet in NHL.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I know international rinks are bigger, but does that mean as a defenseman his shot has to travel further to the net? Not sure what the blue line distance is...

Edit: looked it up. Seems to be 7 feet closer. 57 feet from goal to blue in international while it is 64 feet in NHL.

I am going to guess that if you shot from burns favorite spot on international ice it would be close to the same then.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
It says that he already signed a contract with a team but doesn't want to confirm until Worlds are over. Gudas gave a little hint during a recent interview that Simek will play for a team that has an outstanding defender ("one of the best in the league throughout the last years"). Don't know if that really narrows it down, but maybe he means Ottawa?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It says that he already signed a contract with a team but doesn't want to confirm until Worlds are over. Gudas gave a little hint during a recent interview that Simek will play for a team that has an outstanding defender ("one of the best in the league throughout the last years"). Don't know if that really narrows it down, but maybe he means Ottawa?

Ottawa, tampa, san jose and los angeles. Would be my guesses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad