TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I know a lot of signs point to SJ but honestly, if I were him I'd go to a team with less depth ahead of me. Maybe DW knows that Heed is going to walk and we'll lose one of Martin/Schlemko/Dillon. But unless both those things are true I'm not sure this makes sense.

Can never have too many defensemen, I guess.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
That article says that Simek wants to try his luck in NA next season. San Jose is one of the teams interested, and has been for quite some time.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Off topic but how far along is Jeremy Roy? Could he make the roster next season? And what happened to Mirco Mueller? Is he still in the Sharks organization?

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Off topic but how far along is Jeremy Roy? Could he make the roster next season? And what happened to Mirco Mueller? Is he still in the Sharks organization?

Roy had a season ending injury in December. So he's probably not going to be making the team this year. Mueller is in the AHL and been called up a few times in 2017.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Roy if he can't get his body to co-operate with him, will be a waste of a early 2nd round pick.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Mueller is pending RFA. "Available" to VGK to pick in expansion draft.

I hope the Knights don't get Mueller. He's a young Dman with a ton of potential. It would be franchise crushing for the Sharks if they took him.

Think they bought it?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I hope the Knights don't get Mueller. He's a young Dman with a ton of potential. It would be franchise crushing for the Sharks if they took him.

Think they bought it?

Yep. I agree. Infact taking any one of Ward (fearless, leader, veteran) or Boedker (young, speedy, playmaker) would crush me as much. Hope they stay away from these 3.

zakkthebear

Apr 22, 2013
San Jose, CA
Roy had a season ending injury in December. So he's probably not going to be making the team this year. Mueller is in the AHL and been called up a few times in 2017.

Roy was always going to need some AHL time, IMO. Mueller wasn't the best defender on his pairing for many games this year.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Roy was always going to need some AHL time, IMO. Mueller wasn't the best defender on his pairing for many games this year.

Lets say VGK take Dillon, I wonder if we'd consider Mueller-Schlemko. Everyone has credited Schlemko with Dillon's good year, maybe he could stabilize Mueller.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I know a lot of signs point to SJ but honestly, if I were him I'd go to a team with less depth ahead of me. Maybe DW knows that Heed is going to walk and we'll lose one of Martin/Schlemko/Dillon. But unless both those things are true I'm not sure this makes sense.

Can never have too many defensemen, I guess.

Pretty much this.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
How did the org. know he would have major injuries two years after selecting him?

They obviously didn't, but it looks bad especially with the trade to get into that draft spot in the 1st place.

Trading two 2nd round picks one 8 picks after the one used to select roy and one in 2016 and a 6th round pick in 2015.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
They obviously didn't, but it looks bad especially with the trade to get into that draft spot in the 1st place.

Trading two 2nd round picks one 8 picks after the one used to select roy and one in 2016 and a 6th round pick in 2015.

Well everything looks bad if it doesn't go your way.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Lets say VGK take Dillon, I wonder if we'd consider Mueller-Schlemko. Everyone has credited Schlemko with Dillon's good year, maybe he could stabilize Mueller.

Dillon improved his own game a lot this year, skating with the puck a lot better. I'm not entirely sure who helped who on that pairing this year. They both played quite well.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Roy if he can't get his body to co-operate with him, will be a waste of a early 2nd round pick.

Am I misremembering or didn't we offer #39 + a pick in the 50s for #31? It was a solid move, albeit an overpayment at the time. Hopefully things start looking up.

Last edited:

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Am I misremembering or didn't we offer #39 + a pick in the 50s for #1? It was a solid move, albeit an overpayment at the time. Hopefully things start looking up.

I don't think it was an overpayment at the time. I'm pretty sure Roy was supposed to be a for sure first rounder and that trade was almost universally praised.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I don't think it was an overpayment at the time. I'm pretty sure Roy was supposed to be a for sure first rounder and that trade was almost universally praised.

Yeah, sorry if I was unclear. In a vacuum, it was bad value. Given the circumstances, it was good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00